Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dunstall hates the Swans

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries

Dunstall hates the Swans

Jason Dunstall is so anti Swans it is sickening

I think he holds a massive grudge since we won the 2012 cup

��.or am I paranoid about him and other commentators ?

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post

Yes, you're paranoid. He's been full of praise for the swans at different times. Nothing to see here.

But at the same time, maybe they're out to get you?
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post

I don't think he's the worst of them. Brereton has that honour, hands down.

lets not forget he was one of the people at hawthorn that decided to trade Joey McGlynn at end of 08 for nothing maybe a little resentment

Senior Player
    Regardless. he's a sad little grub.
    I was wondering whether there was some way of erasing altogether his pathetic contribution to our club. 7 games, 7 goals, average disposals per game 7, 2 suspensions, 1 lengthy. I'm ashamed that he wore the red and white.
    The NDH policy came a decade too late.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

I don't find Dunstall too bad as a commentator and I find his views very well considered and argued On The Couch too so all in all I think he is not too bad given his fierce Hawks links.

As well as the fat controller the one I cannot stand is Dermie, with that pompous semi-posh false voice of his and his general arrogance. It's usually too much for me and I have to turn the sound down

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I don't find Dunstall too bad as a commentator and I find his views very well considered and argued On The Couch too so all in all I think he is not too bad given his fierce Hawks links.

As well as the fat controller the one I cannot stand is Dermie, ...
    +1 to all this.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

No one hates the Swans more than Dwayne...makes me sick every time I have to listen him.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Veteran Site Admin
    I agree with others who suggest the criticism is valid aimed at Brereton but not really at Dunstall.

Oh, and I have edited the thread title - the shouting was a bit off-putting.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I agree with others who suggest the criticism is valid aimed at Brereton but not really at Dunstall.

Oh, and I have edited the thread title - the shouting was a bit off-putting.
    I thought a question mark may have been appropriate.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Reckon Dunstall is the best special comments man in the game. Despite his obvious allegiance to Hawthorn, he's generally pretty balanced and often plays them down.

Dermie on the other hand is an imbecile. He genuinely hates the Swans but he's an imbecile first and foremost.

Fox has a pretty ordinary bunch to be honest. Brad Johnson, Spud, Healy etc. all bring very little to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Reckon Dunstall is the best special comments man in the game. Despite his obvious allegiance to Hawthorn, he's generally pretty balanced and often plays them down.

Dermie on the other hand is an imbecile. He genuinely hates the Swans but he's an imbecile first and foremost.

Fox has a pretty ordinary bunch to be honest. Brad Johnson, Spud, Healy etc. all bring very little to the table.
    It's very mixed that's for sure. I like Dunstall, Alistair Lynch, Healey and Mooney is a real revelation and probably my favourite special comments guy. But most of the main callers are rubbish, none of them close to Dennis Cometti. Then again Bruce is beyond bad....

It's that highly annoying old boys' club, the one Eddie doesn't belong to but somehow still has a ticket to. I liken it to the Channel 9 Cricket Team with Tubby, Warny, Healy, Slats and all the other knobs. Listening to the Kiwi guys the last few days has been such a breath of fresh air along with BJ and AB and the Big Bash commentary with Waugh and Punter was 200% better as well.

Of all the sports in terms of their commentary team I think the one that stands out for me globally and very much in Australia is football (i.e. soccer). They are just so knowledgeable and articulate and very rarely biased. Guys like Andy Harper and Michael Cockerill are the cream but they are all outstanding. They really make most of the AFL commentators look very second rate.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast