Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round 3 at the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Really pleased the lap of honour will be during the half-time break. They are often held before the game when the stadium is only a third-full which is a real downer for the atmosphere and tribute to the player/s.
    I agree.
    I remember Mattner's lap was before the game on a rainy Friday.
    Barely anyone there.
    I think half time especially for an afternoon game is great.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Have booked airline tickets to Sydney to see our Round 3 game so I can say goodbye and thanks to Goodesy. (And Mike!)

Just wondering if any other Melbourne based RWOers are making the trip.
    FYI - here's the original post.

Should be a really good match and and an excellent event to farewell one of our greats, and a couple of other fantastic servants to the club.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    My kids will be making their first trip to the football to say farewell to one of the all time greats, so with mum thats an extra 3 through the turnstiles.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    My kids will be making their first trip to the football to say farewell to one of the all time greats, so with mum thats an extra 3 through the turnstiles.
    It'll be emotional, just welling up now thinking about it....

Veteran Site Admin
    This thread was intended to be about the game this weekend, not yet another tiresome debate about the merits of different stadiums. That's a perfectly OK topic to discuss, but not when it takes over and strangles other threads. Off topic posts from this thread have thus been removed.

If anyone wishes to re-start a discussion about ANZ vs the SCG, please create a new (and dedicated) thread.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    I agree.
    I remember Mattner's lap was before the game on a rainy Friday.
    Barely anyone there.
    I think half time especially for an afternoon game is great.
    Agreed. So glad that the clapperboard nonsense didn't take precedence. It's shaping up to be a special day. All four of my offspring will be there and their mum. Shame it had to be complicated by both of my boys receiving party invitations on that very afternoon. What is it with people? Don't they check the draw before making decisions?
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Agreed. So glad that the clapperboard nonsense didn't take precedence. It's shaping up to be a special day. All four of my offspring will be there and their mum. Shame it had to be complicated by both of my boys receiving party invitations on that very afternoon. What is it with people? Don't they check the draw before making decisions?
    Have you read "Fever Pitch" by Nick Hornby? You need to train them by not showing up to weddings, funerals etc. After a while people will definitely not be inviting you to events that clash with the football (or any other events, possibly!). I've trained the immediate family but the friend network is much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Have you read "Fever Pitch" by Nick Hornby? You need to train them by not showing up to weddings, funerals etc. After a while people will definitely not be inviting you to events that clash with the football (or any other events, possibly!). I've trained the immediate family but the friend network is much harder.
    Yes, very enjoyable book. And I do like hearing from people who make my level of obsession seem not all that obsessed.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Yes most familiar with Fever Pitch. Sounds like pretty desperate measures though if people are dying just to keep you from going to the footy. I actually think the whole thing is a failing of the education system. And on second thoughts a funeral could be potentially more entertaining than having to watch Arsenal play.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12