Thread: Micky O steps down as Academy coach

Veteran Site Admin

Micky O steps down as Academy coach

O'Loughlin steps down as coach of Sydney Swans academy - AFL.com.au

Shame for the Swans, but hopefully it's because an opportunity has arisen for O'Loughlin to pursue something he really wants to do. Glad to read he plans to stay involved on a casual basis, so he won't be completely lost to the Academy.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I'm glad Micky is staying around, and I'm especially glad that Crouchy is taking over his academy job; I'm pleased he's also sticking around.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quality people both of them. We seem to accumulate quality people throughout the club.

So, a quiz for you - how many former captains are working in some capacity at the club inc former Geelong captain Tom Harley?

I'm glad Crouchy got the gig. I trust him. He's good with young men. He is a natural at this type of coaching.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Quality people both of them. We seem to accumulate quality people throughout the club.

So, a quiz for you - how many former captains are working in some capacity at the club inc former Geelong captain Tom Harley?
    Maxfield
    Kirky
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Maxfield
    Kirky
    Dennis Carroll (player welfare & development manager)
    Last edited by goswannies; 24th February 2016 at 06:06 PM.

Veterans List
    Correct, four former captains that I could think of which is more than any other team by double from what I could work out.

Can't hurt in the off field stakes, all quality people which is why they were captains in the first place.