Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: All games will be at the SCG this year!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The Collingwood supporters should be allowed to keep their seats at ANZ stadium. It seems only fair. The TV coverage can have a camera set up there and interview some fans as part of the half time entertainment. Maybe we can offer a free dental clinic before the game. I think that should be compensation enough.
    Brilliant.

Though sometimes I do wish Pridham would go all Walter White on us.

You know, line up Chins, Newbold, Gordon, Dermie and other enemies of the state - and deal with them a la the Breaking Bad prison takedown. Two minutes and problem solved.

I know, this is totally inappropriate but I think people understand the sentiment . . .
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post

Please can we do this?
    Now that you mention it, I'm now idly curious just how many signatures this proposal would attract, if we started a change.org petition?

Veterans List
    Easily fixed by providing buses from ANZ to the SCG to transport all those Pies fans who are booked into skid row accommodation near ANZ.

All this wingeing from a club that hardly travels - pfffttt!

Everything is fixed. Accommodation has been found for the Collingwood fans at a standard they're accustomed to.

Everything is fixed. Accommodation has been found for the Collingwood fans at a standard they're accustomed to.

Yes, I do think that Eddie has had a bit of a bee in his bonnet, since the Collingwood academy at Pentridge was shut down.

After all this we just better win and win well!

Airbnb are making special arrangements to accommodate the Collingwood fans without requiring security checks. It's just waiting for Eddie's stamp of approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    His issue is that the supporters have booked accomodation for the Homebush venue and now it is too late to change for the Easter weekend.
    I wasn't aware you needed bookings for bus shelters......

Airbnb are making special arrangements to accommodate the Collingwood fans without requiring security checks. It's just waiting for Eddie's stamp of approval.

Of course, it's easy to pick on such soft targets...and great fun.

Seriously, the change of venue could not have been done without the full inclusion of AFLHQ, so why are Pert and McGuire coming down on the Swans. Gill or Mark Evans could have informed Collingwood if they thought it was appropriate to do so. It is yet one more malicious and gratuitous swipe at the Swans. They are just annoyed that no matter how many anti-Swans rule changes they get enacted it never seems to work the way they thought it would. What have Collingwood accomplished? They got us to unload Jesse White and Tony Armstrong - what a steal by the Pies. We weren't able to sign Jake Carlisle due to the trade ban. We still got Mills and Heeney. We passed on Dunkley, but I think we did better with Dawson and Leonardis instead.

I heard Eddie complain that some poor Melbourne clubs like Carlton and Melbourne have been languishing at the bottom of the table because of the compromised drafts due the expansion into GWS and GC. Nothing said about how they wasted so many top draft picks on duds. Carlton could have taken Brad Hill, Jack Newnes or Elliot Yeo in 2011, but took Bootsma instead. They could have kept Rattan and Eddie Betts, but opted for Malthouse and Dale Thomas. The examples go on and on and have been well documented.

Meanwhile Collingwood keep on raiding the weaker northern clubs for their top talent. What an ethical organisation they are.

Veterans List
    I do have to laugh that the Pies were the ones that were shafted by the AFL for a change.

I don't blame the Pies for being pissed that they weren't notified. More bad administration by the AFL.
    I thought we might have a quiet year with the off field stuff...I was wrong!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Bitch moan bitch moan. As I said where's Walter White when you need him

http://m.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/swa...29-gn6yiq.html

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast