Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: All games will be at the SCG this year!

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Is it such a big deal. 3 weeks to change their plans and training should be enough?

I'm delighted by the move. And can't believe (or perhaps I can) the moaning going on from Collingwood supporters. Those who've booked (or claim they've booked) accommodation out at Homebush don't need to move, nor do they need to drive to the SCG. It is Easter Saturday and the Easter Show will be on. So there will be a frequent direct train service between Olympic Park and Central for the Show. They can use that plus the dedicated bus service from Central or walk to the SCG, just as do thousands of Swans' supporters. And enjoy the much better ambience at the SCG. Then go to the Show on Sunday. Lot of fuss about nothing.

Collinwood are exaggerating the impact for political gain.
    That's all. Make them sound like they are the victim so when one of their privledges is under question they can say enough is enough.

Happy and I know it
    If it's true that Collingwood wasn't officially informed about the change by the AFL, that reflects very poorly on the AFL administration.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    If it's true that Collingwood wasn't officially informed about the change by the AFL, that reflects very poorly on the AFL administration.
    Agree with that. Also don't care too much for Pridham's public response. Sure, Pert's whinging was over the top, but Pridham's comments were similar to those one might expect from a Pert or McGuire, which is pretty damning. Engaging in that kind of media slanging match doesn't really match the kind of organisation I think the club holds itself out to be. I'd prefer a bit more dignity.

Games have been change from Etihad to the MCG in the past.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I'm also most amused by Collingwood and their supporters saying they need to be accommodated close to the SCG. Weren't these people part of the group of Victorians who said the Swans didn't need COLA because the players didn't need to live near the SCG - they could simply live in cheaper housing out in the western suburbs? And then travel to and from the SCG for training, matches, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I'm also most amused by Collingwood and their supporters saying they need to be accommodated close to the SCG. Weren't these people part of the group of Victorians who said the Swans didn't need COLA because the players didn't need to live near the SCG - they could simply live in cheaper housing out in the western suburbs? And then travel to and from the SCG for training, matches, etc.?
    Seeing as @@@@ingwood generally don't travel the extra 30 minutes to get to the stadium must feel like they're heading to Perth and back.
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Collingwood have suggested they weren't in the loop when the discussions to move it were going on, which I assume would have included the Swans, SCG Trust, ANZ Stadium and the AFL, and also that they were advised of the change in location by the press release. If that's all true then I think it's reasonable to have a bit of a gripe about it.

If someone had booked accommodation prior to announcing the move, and if they are hit with some form of expense in changing hotels, I think it's probably reasonable for them to be compensated in some way.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Compensated ?. No way.
    The AFL has the right to move any game at any time.

Enough with the nanny state.

The only ones who i feel sorry for are ANZ members. Youd expect some sort of partial refund but that's just an ANZ matter

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't particularly see why thinking it's reasonable for someone to be compensated in some way is a nanny state view to hold? I doubt it would cost the AFL very much to do.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Agree with that. Also don't care too much for Pridham's public response. Sure, Pert's whinging was over the top, but Pridham's comments were similar to those one might expect from a Pert or McGuire, which is pretty damning. Engaging in that kind of media slanging match doesn't really match the kind of organisation I think the club holds itself out to be. I'd prefer a bit more dignity.
    We are all still getting to know Pridham's style. He seemed a bit timid at first but has shown himself to be quick witted, fiery and sardonic at times. I thought his comments were an appropriate reaction to Gary Pert's statements. Some kind of public reaction is required to counter the bludgeoning the Swans receive from a club that can dominate the airwaves at will. I think Pridham's dismissive approach was a good way to handle the situation and it didn't really invite a reply. It's hard to find dignity when McGuire is involved.

PS: Pridham's reaction was a lot more dignified than mine.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast