Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: All games will be at the SCG this year!

All games will be at the SCG this year!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I can beleive the AFL is putting on buses. Surely that is BS.?

The whole thing is a beatup.
    Yes it seems the AFL fell over themselves to try to pacify Collingwood supporters by arranging to put on buses. Which will probably run half empty. I suspect Victorians (including the AFL) don't understand the train service that runs from Olympic Park to Central for the Easter Show. Nor understand about the shuttle bus service from Central to the SCG on Event Days.

It IS a beat up, you are right there.

Just wild about Harry
    Very interesting interview with Neil Balme on SEN. He mentioned that Tom Harley had told them back in November, 2015 that we were trying to move the fixture. Collingwood never phoned Sydney to ask how it was going and Sydney likewise until it came out in social media. Both are at fault here. KB made the statement that lying is the natural language of the AFL, to which Balme replied "well it is in Sydney, but not here". To his credit KB nearly fell off his seat...

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Hey Barry, personally speaking, if the AFL, Swans & SCG did pay to break the contract it was well worth it.
    I bet you are. But it still would be a more complete story if all the facts were out.

McChins may be upset by the cost and thinks the AFL is throwing money at sydney again.

Anything kept secret is usually bad when it comes to the AFL.

Senior Player
    I don't believe for a second that Collingwood didn't know anything about any of this. How could they not know? Don't they run the AFL?
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Andrew Pridham's tweet this morning - "I wish they would stop moving the stadiums around in Melbourne. It is most inconvenient to our travel plans."
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Andrew Pridham's tweet this morning - "I wish they would stop moving the stadiums around in Melbourne. It is most inconvenient to our travel plans."
    Now that is quite amusing!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Now that is quite amusing!
    Yes and bloody Hawthorn, they say that they're are a Melbourne club, but they keep on sneaking off to Tasmania.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567