Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revved up for Round One: Why we don't like Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    True & true. I don't hate Collingwood supporters, as much as I hate the Club.

- - - Updated - - -

I only began really disliking Hawks supported after the way they behaved from 2014 onwards ... especially one guys in front of me at the Grand Final. Foul mouthed, aggressive & offensive guy in his 20s, mouthing off all day at a guy in his 70s sitting behind him.
    Have to say I had the opposite experience with Hawthorn supporters. A mate and I drove down to Melbourne and caught a train into the MCG in 2012 to watch the mighty red and white down the Hawks. We were stuck in a train on the way back, surrounded by a brown and gold sea, and they spoke with nothing but admiration for the way our team played. There are decent supporters in every club (the Pies are the exception of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Markus26 View Post
    Have to say I had the opposite experience with Hawthorn supporters. A mate and I drove down to Melbourne and caught a train into the MCG in 2012 to watch the mighty red and white down the Hawks. We were stuck in a train on the way back, surrounded by a brown and gold sea, and they spoke with nothing but admiration for the way our team played. There are decent supporters in every club (the Pies are the exception of course).
    In 2012 they were fine. Before the GF they were pleasant. After they were sad but polite & generally I thought Swans supporters seemed respectful. 2014 they were feral.

2014 they were feral.
    I was surprised how bad they were. Maybe success breeds arrogance.

Veterans List
    In 2012 they were fine. Before the GF they were pleasant. After they were sad but polite & generally I thought Swans supporters seemed respectful. 2014 they were feral.
    Agree with this but my bad experience as a swans supporter started from 2013. They hated that we beat them in 2012. And yes at that grand final that shall not be named they were excruciating.

But I have always known of their despicable behaviour because my brother is a Geelong supporter and I have attended a number of cats v hawks games. They are very hostile and make the game unpleasant to watch even as a neutral supporter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123