2014 - 0
    2013 - 1 Dane Rampe
    2012 - 1 Harry Cunningham
    2011 - 1 Byron Sumner
    2010 - 1 Lewis Jetta
    2009 - 0
    2008 - 1 Craig Bird
    1982 - 0
    Nice work Ugg! THat's some pretty good form since '98.

Veterans List
    That's a VERY young team. I guess it's official, we have a rebuild. Still some outstanding footballers in there, but we'll struggle with any sort of injury run. The trade ban has well and truly stuffed us.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Props to you, ernie, for picking all 5 fresh faces 2 weeks out. It was a pretty good stab at predicting the team.

I haven't seen the NAB games (my telstra/afl.com.au subscription doesn't seem to be working - grrr!) so was in no position to judge what was going on with the team and would not have been able to pick all this at all. Anyway, I'm very excited. Have long been looking forward to seeing Hewett at senior level and is even better given he has spent two years being groomed and earning the right. Even better to have another couple of promising youngsters being given the opportunity.

Overall I don't find it encouraging that none of X, Aliir, Melican, Newman or Marsh are getting anywhere near the team. They are our future hopes in defence. Maybe this is why we have hung out so long and hopefully (desperately?) for AJ? If they don't make a dent this year I think we'll be drafting and/or trading for some more KPDs. I get that there is no vacant space for them (other than Teddy's, which has gone to Talia) but they are not even emergencies or in the conversation, as best I can tell (with possible exception of Newman). Hopefully this is just because KPPs take longer to develop and they will come good. But I am getting nervous.

I am not quite as down on our fringe players as some people commenting here - ours is a tough team to break into - but, if it were that bad, won't we just turn them over and get in some better talent? On the contrary, I am happy to see some of the talent we have been waiting to see get their opportunity finally getting it i.e. Jones, Hewett, Robbo.
    Surely, irrespective of what may happen this year, KPD talent will be high on our radar at the end of the year, especially if there are any possibilities to trade for established players.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Surely, irrespective of what may happen this year, KPD talent will be high on our radar at the end of the year, especially if there are any possibilities to trade for established players.
    I'd think that will definitely be the case and I'd think we'd be looking at using our first round draft pick this year in getting the best defender available at that stage and possibly trading our second round pick for an established player or possibly getting a free agent. Of course if Tom Mitchell goes to the trade table than that opens up a whole new level of possibilities.

Re our fringies, I'm delighted to see Papley and George get their chances but I believe we need another couple to really stand up. Surely this season is put up or get out for AA, X, Harry and Toby? Abe Davis, Rose and Naismith are the most liklely for me. Tyrone and Dawson look way off and I fear Hiscox just lacks the footskills to play at AFL level.
    Last edited by Mug Punter; 25th March 2016 at 11:24 PM.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to Di.
    After checking the nab results I'm not sure either! Did he play against Syd Uni and kick a couple?

In any case I think BJ is worth persevering with, preferably as a tagger to enhance his sense of position.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Is there an after match function after tonight's game?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910