Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 Team V Collingwood

Looks like Teddy Richards won't play as he isn't playing reserves this weekend according to the swans website.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Looks like Teddy Richards won't play as he isn't playing reserves this weekend according to the swans website.
    Link? I don't see a team list

Swans granted permission to play. Richards wasn't mentioned.

Round 1 Team V Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Swans granted permission to play. Richards wasn't mentioned.
    See discussion on "2016 Preseason Practice Games" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I'm already in Footy Tips so I guess I could do it with Snarky? What do you think US? We can share the password or something.
    Sure thing.
    ????

Senior Player
    Longmire is saying that Ted and Benny will be playing this week he's just sure where. I hope he isn't tempted to play them. With luck you could hide 2 half fit players in the side with the sub rule and more frequent interchanges. Not any more.

The good news is that Jones looks OK to play.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Looks like Jones is ready to go and will be an in. Young Papley could very well start. Horse says Benny and Teddy will have a game at some level this weekend. I am very doubtful it will be at AFL level at this stage. No preseason for either of them. It would be suicide for either to play AFL level this weekend. Give them a nice NEAFL game to get them used to getting Sherrin poisoning.

We knew Macca and Sammy would not play already. I think it is going to be very interseting as to whom gets picked. Apparently Dawson was pretty impressive against both Sydney Uni and WSU. This is how I think it might go.

Backs: Smith Grundy Laidler

H.Backs: Rampe Talia Mills

Centre: Lloyd Hannaberry Cunningham

H.Forward: Towers Franklin Heeney

Forward: Mitchell Sinclair Papley

Followers: Tippett Kennedy Parker

Interchange: Jack Jones Hewett

Fourth Interchange from: Rose, Dawson & Leonardis

New: Mills, Papley & Hewett.

Dawson might just get the nod over the others because of his prodigious kick and the fact he can play anywhere on the ground and is a mid to tall. If we don't play Rose we may play 4 debutants. Otherwise it is BJ. Robbo is injured apparently and his preseason form doesn't warrant a call up. X looks to have also injured himself. Toby would be the other one but we already have two ruckmen in the side. We could of course play Tippet at FF and play Toby. That would be interesting and certainly stretch the Collingwood backs to the limit. If so if I were Horse I would just be asking him to provide a contest and if he can't mark get the ball down to advantage. He is pretty good at that Toby. But I can't see him playing as it makes us far too tall and slow.

Senior Player
    I'm tipping that Dawson will get the nod as the 4th interchange player

I just can't see horse elevating two rookies and playing both so that leaves Newman out of the equation. I DO think papley will get elevated. Papley was rated 4th in the AFL for forward pressure per 100 minutes played in the NAB challenge. Horse loves forward pressure and to be honest we've missed a good pressure forward.

I think Dawson has been favoured over leonardis. And rose doesn't really give as much around the ground. Dawson's long and accurate kicking could be a real asset coming out of defence.

Veterans List
    The important question is what is the weather going to be like?? I have heard it has been raining a lot in Sydney. BOM says 1-5 mm.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    The important question is what is the weather going to be like?? I have heard it has been raining a lot in Sydney. BOM says 1-5 mm.
    What changes would you make if it's raining ?

Senior Player
    Travis Varcoe is out for the pies

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Travis Varcoe is out for the pies
    That'a a big out for them, because Varcoe was having a super preseason. Elliot and Howe are also out and if Ben Reid plays it will be without any practice game preparation, which usually leaves the player with difficulty getting up to the speed of the game.

I've noticed that there are lots of big name players injured for several clubs to start this season. The Eagles injury list is growing by the day as with Richmond.

We are suddenly not looking all that bad on the injury front. Only Rohan looks likely to be unavailable beyond round 3.

Wolftone's squad looks right to me. I think we will go with Rose for that 22nd spot, but if it's Dawson, that's okay as well. BJ is an outside chance, but I think Rose has done better this preseason.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast