Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 Team V Collingwood

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    That'a a big out for them, because Varcoe was having a super preseason. Elliot and Howe are also out and if Ben Reid plays it will be without any practice game preparation, which usually leaves the player with difficulty getting up to the speed of the game.
    I agree. Varcoe has been a big play maker for them off halfback flanks. I'm sure that Reid won't play for them without a vfl hit out first. I'm encouraged by that as it significantly improves our chances

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I agree. Varcoe has been a big play maker for them off halfback flanks. I'm sure that Reid won't play for them without a vfl hit out first. I'm encouraged by that as it significantly improves our chances
    But would it improve our chances more if he DID play?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    But would it improve our chances more if he DID play?
    Hahaha. Maybe Ben reid should play yes.

Veterans List
    Interesting mutterings from Longmire about this weeks team - expect debutants.

We have two players on LTI list so thinking at least one upgrade this week, probably Papley to give us some forward pressure and sneaky goals. Also Hewett to debut.

With Talia and Sinclair to certainly debut in Swans colours, it will be a very different looking team announced on Thursday. That and the reduced rotations and the fact it's against the Maguires make for a fascinating first up game - four points and neutral umpires please.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    That'a a big out for them, because Varcoe was having a super preseason. Elliot and Howe are also out and if Ben Reid plays it will be without any practice game preparation, which usually leaves the player with difficulty getting up to the speed of the game.

I've noticed that there are lots of big name players injured for several clubs to start this season. The Eagles injury list is growing by the day as with Richmond.

We are suddenly not looking all that bad on the injury front. Only Rohan looks likely to be unavailable beyond round 3.

Wolftone's squad looks right to me. I think we will go with Rose for that 22nd spot, but if it's Dawson, that's okay as well. BJ is an outside chance, but I think Rose has done better this preseason.
    I think Rose has more upside than BJ. Lets not forget that Dawson has only played a few practice matches. Bit early to throw him in the deep end.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Just a few comments cant talk about every player.

JONES- should have played many games last year and should play every game this year
    BJ- does not have any footy instincts. Should only play as a tagger otherwise out.
    TOWERS- is just a hit up forward but if he does his job should hold his spot.
    RAMPE- is similar to BJ, does not know what to do when he has the ball, can defend but hold your breath.
    McVEIGH- I was wrong last year wanting him in backs. Shocking decisions and kicking, much like Smooch, but I believe our smartest 1/2 forward flanker/small forward.
    CUNNINGHAM- make or bust player. Can run-with player and sneak away for a goal, but no defensive pressure and disappears in games.
    PAPLEY- has got what we want, will hunt for the ball or player. Should never cross the defence side of centre bounce and sniffing around the big foward. Will burn out after 6-10 games and might need a break and bought back later.
    HEWETT- true footy player, love him, but i fear that all they will ask for is defence, Jake was a true footy player but now appears his skills/ decisions are gone and i am worrying for the same for Hewett.
    MILLS- just plays.
    SINCLAIR- will add some and just complement TIPPETT.
    TALIA - Unsure have to see.

The three things that I dont want to see.
    1. Hacking/bombing forward sometimes under zero pressure. With 1 forward and 3 or 4 defenders Please some poise.
    2. The multiple 1m handball just transferring/increasing pressure until turnover.
    3. The Swarm defence with 5 players within 5m off the ball but no one right on the player who releases to 3 or 4 free players. Beat your man with 1 extra player, no more.

The game is evolving but we haven't. We need to set up when we DON'T have the ball not demanding that all forwards have to get back into the back 50.

Can't see us in top 4 unless we changed something I haven't seen. 20 games into all new players would help massively.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Benny and Ted selected, seems both have been training well, they're probably less of a gamble than the rookies. I still reckon Rose might sneak a game this week too, especially if Benny doesn't get a run.

No promotion to senior list yet with AJ's move to the long term injury list, which would suggest no rookies will be playing on Saturday.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    No promotion to senior list yet with AJ's move to the long term injury list, which would suggest no rookies will be playing on Saturday.
    To my mind It says there won't be TWO rookie upgrades. But I think it is a sign that there WILL be one rookie upgraded just before the teams are submitted on Thursday afternoon. I say this because we already had one rookie upgrade available via Gary Rohan being on the LTI list. By putting Johnson on that list officially it suggests to me they are planning to use one of those two upgrades otherwise they wouldn't bother putting Johnson on the LTI list in the first place

There will be rookie upgrade(s). Even without a best 22 selection, it will need to happen for the emergency list.
    Using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by churry View Post
    There will be rookie upgrade(s). Even without a best 22 selection, it will need to happen for the emergency list.
    Good point, hadn't thought of that

Veterans List
    Also, this sentence from the Longmire article interested me...."Meanwhile Tom Papley and Nic Newman are pushing to be elevated to the senior list after Rohan was recently placed on the long-term injury list." Did I miss something, I knew Rohan was injured, but long term?? Typo? Johnson?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast