Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 Team V Collingwood

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Also, this sentence from the Longmire article interested me...."Meanwhile Tom Papley and Nic Newman are pushing to be elevated to the senior list after Rohan was recently placed on the long-term injury list." Did I miss something, I knew Rohan was injured, but long term?? Typo? Johnson?
    Out for about 8 to 10 weeks maybe more. .Was put on the list a couple of weeks ago.

Veterans List
    Was it a hammy? Or his leg?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Was it a hammy? Or his leg?
    Ongoing hamstring problems that have cost him his pre-season. Club said he was pretty much recovered from the hamstring a couple of weeks ago but now he needs to complete a solid block of training before he can play.

McChins now wants sydney v pies to be marque game like SOO. What a tosser. He just talks @@@@ wherever he goes.

Ticket sales must be slow.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    McChins now wants sydney v pies to be marque game like SOO. What a tosser. He just talks @@@@ wherever he goes.

Ticket sales must be slow.
    He also wants the BOG to be given the Adam Goodes Medal...

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    He also wants the BOG to be given the Adam Goodes Medal...
    Eddie's big plan: Swans-Pies blockbuster to feature Adam Goodes Medal - AFL.com.au

I'd hoped this was a wind up, but it appears not. Regardless of whether the concept of the game itself is good, for Eddie, of all people, to suggest that Goodes' name is co-opted to help promote the game (via naming a medal after him) is bizarre in the least. I wonder if he thought to actually run this past Adam first.

Having been critical of some of Pridham's earlier responses to Collingwood Sydney spats, I think he's showing definite improvement. I love some of his comments quoted in this article, especially pointing out that Collingwood is the second most widely supported club in the AFL.

Regular in the Side
    From the Swans site-"Mills and Sinclair will be speaking to media ahead of the team�s final training session on Thursday morning." So I guess there will be no Rookie upgrades this week. Otherwise, the upgraded player(s) should have been called to speak to the Media?? There was no mention of Talia too. Looks like Teddy and Benny will play then.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    From the Swans site-"Mills and Sinclair will be speaking to media ahead of the team�s final training session on Thursday morning." So I guess there will be no Rookie upgrades this week. Otherwise, the upgraded player(s) should have been called to speak to the Media?? There was no mention of Talia too. Looks like Teddy and Benny will play then.
    Not necessarily. They probably don't want to parade too many players in front of the media and they've picked these two because they are no-brainers to play (and because they share the same first name so it puts a cute little twist on things!) They've possibly not yet decided on Ted or Benny, which means they can't yet have decided on Talia, George, Papley et al
    Last edited by liz; 24th March 2016 at 02:19 PM. Reason: typo

I'm assuming teams are still announced 6:30-ish Thursdays?

I'll be bitterly disappointed if Papley and Hewett don't play. I like McGlynn but even though Papley hasn't even played a real senior game yet I feel that he has gone past Benny. Papley offers the same speed but is a far better kick on both sides and seems a more natural crumbing forward than Benny. Granted Benny is a better option in the middle at the moment and has the runs on the board re: years of service, he looked to be slowing down last year with his productivity and I really feel the team could use the spark of youth (and obviously added skill level).

George is a no brainer for me and showed in the NAB he has more to offer than say a Robinson or Jack Jnr. His skills are great, he can find a goal or 2 and is not scared to put his head over the ball. He should only get stronger and better with more exposure.

I guess Talia is sweating on whether we go with Ted. I think out of both Ted and Benny it would be Ted who could probably come in without any games preparation as he has been a consummate professional his entire career and his form still looked good last year. In saying that i would like to see Talia given the nod as Collingwood will come in fit and raring to go.

Tough game ahead and i hate to say it but I'm not confident! Would love to get off to a great start with a win against that mob!

Senior Player
    Papley has been upgraded, so it looks like he will play, happily:

Patrick Keane - @AFL_PKeane
    Sydney has upgraded Tom Papley to the senior list as the replacement for Gary Rohan, who was already on the long-term injury list.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast