Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 Team V Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Our depth is in the 5 regulars not playing. Mills, Heeney, Lloyd, Cunningham, Jones, Papley are the new generation of Swans. These are the players that will be carrying the us into the future. Get used to it. It's not bad at all.
    I'm excited by these inclusions. Hewett finally gets his chance. Papley has grunt and should provide some forward pressure.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So, I am told the Pies have an unusual game plan which involves all 18 kneeling down and snorting the 50m arc into oblivion to throw our goal kicking range out.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is everyone going on Saturday night? I'm not a lock yet, I have to be honest.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Clearly not everyone is going. Everyone won't fit in the SCG and I'm not sharing my seat with anyone.

I'll be there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Clearly not everyone is going. Everyone won't fit in the SCG and I'm not sharing my seat with anyone.

I'll be there.
    If you'll just give me a knee and Davo's playing I'll be a lock!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Is it the venue?
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Is it the venue?
    As a mountain man, the venue could well be the issue for Stellation. Much further to travel!

Is Davo still running? I imagine not, given he now has a structured coaching role with the NEAFL team.

Senior Player
    I'll be up from Canberra.

I am also not a massive Brandon Jack fan, but he offers more than Robinson. It's disappointing to see Robinson selected. I don't think he has it in him. There are about 16 really good players in that line-up but it falls away steeply.

Considering Robinson's woeful efforts in the NAB cup, it's a real worry that he gets a game this week.

In his NAB cup games he showed no intensity, poor skills and poor decision making.

He needs a remarkable turn around if he is to have any positive impact in this game....

Obviously it shows our depth is lacking, but IMO it's a really poor selection...

Much prefer B Jack, who gives pressure if nothing else. Or Rose, who gives us a lively edge and some excellent goal sense.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Is Davo still running? I imagine not, given he now has a structured coaching role with the NEAFL team.
    I'm pretty sure you can't wear an official "coach" title like he has now and still be a runner.

I'm sure Stewie had a multi-pronged, obscure title that effectively meant he was a coach whilst not explicitly stating it whilst he was a runner.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Smith Grundy Rampe
    Laidler Talia Jones
    Hannebery Mitchell Mills
    Heeney Franklin Papley
    Towers Tippett Parker
    Sinclair Kennedy KJack

Cunningham Hewett Lloyd Robinson
    Emg: Hiscox Nankervis Rose
    Vert very excited for Papley, Mills and Hewett, blooding three rookies in Round 1, wonder when we did that last?

Talia concerns me but this is a great opportunity for him. I agree to thinking Robinson is rather lucky

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Vert very excited for Papley, Mills and Hewett, blooding three rookies in Round 1, wonder when we did that last?

Talia concerns me but this is a great opportunity for him. I agree to thinking Robinson is rather lucky
    According to an article on the Swans website, it's the first time three have debuted in the first round since 1990, when four players made their red and white debuts. One went by the name of Paul Kelly.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast