Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 Match Day Thread. Sydney V Collingwood SCG.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I've always liked Jones as a player but gotta admit - didn't know he was such a good kick

Senior Player
    Lloyd making me eat a huge bowl of humble pie - he is on fire.

Veterans List
    Wow.....!!!! Plus Goodsey interview at half time!! On Seven.

Senior Player
    What an amazing first half. Still in shock. Collingwood can't play the SCG, now wonder Eddie was sulking about the change in venue. Seriously, how good is Buddy?

In my wildest dreams i did not expect this, I echo voodoo how did papley get to the rookie draft. Jack and Parker playing captains game just guns both of them, predicted Lloyd would break out this year good start so far.

Props to the big man Longmire

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    What an amazing first half. Still in shock. Collingwood can't play the SCG, now wonder Eddie was sulking about the change in venue. Seriously, how good is Buddy?
    Where the hell did this come from Swans - superb first half. Pies are frozen cold, but thoroughly enjoying this (wish I could have been there, but have family visiting this weekend). Young guys standing up, and what a difference having a couple of genuine smaller threats up forward.

Lets wallop them - 100+ please!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    That is the best first half of centre clearances from us for yonks. Makes such a difference to pressure on the opposition back line. The new boys are such great readers of the ball. All of a sudden we have incredible leg speed. It is so obvious, and the running forward of players when we caused a turn over was terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Mills, Papley, Hewett - great stuff from all of them!
    Yes, all have been great, but I especially like the look of Mills. It's been very pretty watch the way he hits the ball at speed, then immediately seems to sum up the right option and then hits it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Where the hell did this come from Swans - superb first half. Pies are frozen cold, but thoroughly enjoying this (wish I could have been there, but have family visiting this weekend). Young guys standing up, and what a difference having a couple of genuine smaller threats up forward.

Lets wallop them - 100+ please!
    Yes, mcs, a 100 would be nice, but I just checked: our biggest ever win against the Pies was 91 points back in 1987. So I'd settle for 92.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Please please please keep this up and demolish 'em Swannies!!!

Please please please tell me Eddie is there

Amazing but Josh Kennedy is the lowest ranked Swan for the 1st half

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    That is the best first half of centre clearances from us for yonks. Makes such a difference to pressure on the opposition back line. The new boys are such great readers of the ball. All of a sudden we have incredible leg speed. It is so obvious, and the running forward of players when we caused a turn over was terrific.
    I think we are looking fast because everyone is actually running hard. I still think the Pies are faster runners but that means nothing of you can't move the ball quickly.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast