Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 Match Day Thread. Sydney V Collingwood SCG.

Veterans List
    Hands up who thought that was going to happen....Not me!

What a pleasure it was to see us play like that.

Very impressed with the youngsters.

The backline still gives me heart failure! They sure like to fumble.

A shame Eddie wasn't at the game to see his red face!

Well did not see that coming at all. My nerves for this year have suddenly been replaced with sheer excitement. Bring it on!

All three debutants solidified their spots and all players under clouds seemed to perform. The 2 new recruits looked like very handy servants. However still not sold on Robinson and I think it might be a long year for Joey but he has very good back up!
    Last edited by longmile; 26th March 2016 at 10:23 PM.

We really missed McGlynn tonight. Our depth is a real worry.

Veterans List
    What was impressive is that we usually struggle/fall over the line in round 1. As arrogant as it sounds, we looked like we needed the run in the last quarter. Isaac Heeney was absolutely super.

Veterans List
    Eighty point loss, Sidebottom on report, Swan out, with broken fibula and ankle now suspected, for most of the season.....I almost feel sorry for them(?)........not a chance! Where's a tweet of of an angry Eddie, anyone??? Sweeeeet victory!!

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    That was fun. They were clearly playing under considerable fatigue in the last quarter so not surprising they put the cue in the rack. Very good all round performance. I liked Talia's game a lot. Looks like a solid citizen. Parker was immense. All the debutantes were good - particularly Papley and Hewitt. Thought, they all did good things at different stages. Collingwood's best player was the guy they stole from GWS. Too many drugs...
    Papley is like a young angry ant McGlynn - I loved what I saw in pre-season, but what I saw tonight was superb for a young guy, picked up in the rookie draft as the last guy added to the list If he can play like that, and Rose can keep pushing hard for a spot (from Ugg's report he played well in ressies practice game today), then McGlynn might have his work cut out finding a spot in the team!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Incredible win, I can't remember a round 1 performance like this. Those 3 debutants were the real deal. Can't wait to see them with more games under their belt.

Well that was fun. I guess we're not sliding anywhere this year.

Senior Player
    That was terrific wasn't it. Very little to complain about. Even fatigue in the last and umpires trying their best couldn't get the Pies into it Thought all the new guys were great especially Papley. Just great intensity at the ball (the Kirk effect?) Thought Tippett went well in the ruck, great to see Bud back and firing. Can't really ask for much better than that round 1.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We really missed McGlynn tonight. Our depth is a real worry.
    depth is a worry????Richards,mcglynn,reid,mcveigh and rohan missing. our depth did pretty well only beat Collingwood by 80 pts
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    depth is a worry????Richards,mcglynn,reid,mcveigh and rohan missing. our depth did pretty well only beat Collingwood by 80 pts
    think it was sarcasm

Veterans List
    I'm away from home and only just seen the result - wow, just wow!

Very happy with that, can't wait to see the game on Tuesday and joy oh joy for the red exploding face of Maguire after that result. Great to hear the debutants played well, rapt for Papley especially Go Bloods!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast