Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Round 1 Match Day Thread. Sydney V Collingwood SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    The Giants board will be cheering every Collingwood loss even more than the rest of us are!
    Do the Giants have a board?
    Why bother, just text each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Do the Giants have a board?
    Why bother, just text each other.
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    The week is now nearly over with Round 2 starting in about an hour so I have a few comments from last week.

I saw so many things that our team hasn't done for years in the first game, against witches hats, but so much positive footy but so much smart footy.

1) Callum Mills - just after 1/2 time the Magpies moved the ball forward but Ramps was first to the ball, then tackled, and instead of starting a scrum Callum moved away about 3-5m setting up for an outlet handpass target, very Hawks, the tackle stuck but great thinking.
    2) another player -in Centre square handballs over his head, facing our defence, without looking, giving it on the voice and then a neat little pass for a shot at goal.
    3)Very few 1m hp but a lot of 3-7m hp to players in better positions.
    4) Just players forward of the ball, Goodesy used to be the only one, but now many do now so easier kicking or shots.
    5) Kizza - changing directions in traffic, brilliant.

The little things that we need to develop for games under heavy pressure
    Lacking poise - Lloyd, one really bad bomb kick, from the back corner of centre square, without pressure with Joey & Parks on the inside running past, but kicks to 4 defenders.
    Another players does something very similar with Joey and Kizza running past..
    Lacking poise - Mitchell, in back 50 just spins and kicks it only 30m straight to Magpies just outside 50m.
    Assess, listen to calls from mates, look for Red & White, 2 more steps, brings poise. I would rather get a few frees against for holding the ball then bombing it.

After setting up the big lead, and a little before that, there was a ton of foot passes to forwards in traffic, about 30m out in front, but just 20m off centre there, were forwards everywhere but were ignored.
    Too many players leading to the same space and easy intercept marks for the Eddies.
    Finally just too many, me, me, me kicks for goal, it is easy when winning big, to break the team mantra, with players looking for stats.

With training and games we can go back to being a dominate team in a very short time.

If we play the same way or style every week, I am happy to accept loses if we are trying to build a premiership winning style.

?????????????????????????????????

I was a bit frustrated by so many passes to other players that din't come off when the player originally with the ball was within scoring distance.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Round 1 Match Day Thread. Sydney V Collingwood SCG.

WauchopeAnalyst says:

"4) Just players forward of the ball, Goodesy used to be the only one, but now many do now"

As soon as I read what you had written I could picture Adam doing exactly that. God I miss him!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516