Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Home Sweet Home @ the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    ... and dont get me started on the number of serious injuries (Talia and Swan) as a result of playing on a hard cricket ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Happiness is not translating to the Swans bottom line.
    This getting really @@@@ing tiresome.....

... and dont get me started on the number of serious injuries (Talia and Swan) as a result of playing on a hard cricket ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Happiness is not translating to the Swans bottom line.
    Of course, we never had any injuries result from playing on the on the luscious mud lawns of ANZ Stadium ?

Give it up already Barry....

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=barry;691542]You cant discount the Eagles as an outlier, and then include collingwood.
    QUOTE]

He didn't discount the Eagles as an outlier - simply mentioned it was an outlier on the basis of the huge rivalry between the teams at that time, given it was just off the back of 2 successive grand finals together.

But as always, you never let a reasonable provision of facts get in the way of an ANZ infused rant....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    As long as the players are happy, who cares about the bottom line of abandoning half the city.
    There are doubts whether Sydney can support two teams, and willingly relying only on the eastern suburbs seems an absurd policy when you look at demographics.
    Except we aren't really. There are plenty who come from the Hills, inner west and other parts of Sydney to attend games at the SCG. You only need to look at the crowds coming from Central by bus or on foot on match day to know that our fans don't just come from the east. Next argument please!

Warming the Bench
    I agree with Barry , SCG is an xxxx to get into & home from

I find it very funny that the reasons for abandoning the west (poor crowds, injuries) are overlooked when at the SCG.

Many will loose interest in the swans due to SCG'S difficult access.

I find it very funny that the reasons for abandoning the west (poor crowds, injuries) are overlooked when at the SCG.

Yes barry that light rail will be terrible when it is up and running....

Access to the SCG will be much improved when the light rail is completed with the Moore Park stop. This is scheduled for 2019 (when Buddy will still have three years left on his contract!).

It takes us 3 hours one way to get to the SCG (door to door). I am not complaining and will support the Swans all my days. Getting to the SCG for those based in Sydney is not difficult. Leave half an hour earlier. Catch a train into Central and walk for 20 mins. The SCG is the Swans' home since migrating north. ANZ was always second rate.

Just like you've abandoned ANZ due to its poor product offering Barry????
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    You cant discount the Eagles as an outlier, and then include collingwood.
    I'm not "discounting" anything. That Eagles crowd is 62586. Next biggest R1 home crowd ever = 38000. Outlier: "an observation point that is distant from other observations."

Perhaps you failed to notice, but I was attempting to address several questions that arose in this thread; one being crowds vs Pies, another being crowds for round 1 games.

You may well be right about Easter. I'll believe it when I see some numbers, not because I have an agenda or preconceived notions.

The largest and most accessable train station in the city is literally under 10 mins stroll from the SCG. They even have door to door buses if you prefer not to walk. Added to that the stadium is surrounded by restaurants, pubs, bars, and the big lights of the city.

The Swans are pushing record membership totals so I think your complaints about the bottom line are very misguided.

Barry you're entitled to your opinion, but unfortunately you're in a very small minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus26 View Post
    It takes us 3 hours one way to get to the SCG (door to door). I am not complaining and will support the Swans all my days. Getting to the SCG for those based in Sydney is not difficult. Leave half an hour earlier. Catch a train into Central and walk for 20 mins.
    Gee that sounds so easy.

Only a 20 minute walk!

Lol

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast