Thread: Brisbane Game

Blog Entries

Brisbane Game

Apparently I'm off to Brisbane at the end of the month for the Brisbane game.

I've checked ticketek and ticketmaster and I can't see the game anywhere??

How do we get tickets for this game??

Veteran Site Admin
    Try going via the AFL website. Scroll forward to the right round and then click on "buy tickets now". It will take you through to the right page on the right ticket agency.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Try going via the AFL website. Scroll forward to the right round and then click on "buy tickets now". It will take you through to the right page on the right ticket agency.
    Thanks Liz.
    I think the location was the killer for me, it was set to NSW/ACT not Queensland. Do'h.

Gee they are not cheap.
    Lucky I got dirt cheap flights, and accommodation!!

Blog Entries
    Tickets bought.

Anyone else going??

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Tickets bought.

Anyone else going??
    Yep I'll be there. Have a brother that lives in Lismore, so they are going to drive up and meet us for the game as we are flying up from Canberra. Will be my nephews first swans game (he has just turned 2) so should be a good occasion Tickets prices are very steep though - no wonder the Lions are struggling for decent crowds (apart from being rubbish for a long while now!)
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Tickets bought.

Anyone else going??
    If you waited you could have got tickets through the club. Away clubs get an allocation and all you have to do is quote your membership number.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Yep I'll be there. Have a brother that lives in Lismore, so they are going to drive up and meet us for the game as we are flying up from Canberra. Will be my nephews first swans game (he has just turned 2) so should be a good occasion Tickets prices are very steep though - no wonder the Lions are struggling for decent crowds (apart from being rubbish for a long while now!)
    They are a bit pricey. $60 to sit on the rafters.

I'm similar.
    My daughter lives in Noosa and organised me to come up a while ago.

Have you got tickets yet??
    Where in Section 49.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    If you waited you could have got tickets through the club. Away clubs get an allocation and all you have to do is quote your membership number.
    I wondered about that, but didn't want to leave it much longer to get tickets.
    When do they release them?

They are a bit pricey. $60 to sit on the rafters.

I'm similar.
    My daughter lives in Noosa and organised me to come up a while ago.

Have you got tickets yet??
    Where in Section 49.

I wondered about that, but didn't want to leave it much longer to get tickets.
    When do they release them?
    I haven't bought tickets yet - just waiting for final confirmation my brother is going to make it to the game. I sat in about Section 50 a few years ago when I went up - not a bad place at all to sit - anywhere on the top tier is pretty good for footy.

I think the club tickets usually come out about 3 weeks or so before - but I think they are usually in the bottom tier near the cheer squad - which I don't think is anywhere near as good for watching footy.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I haven't bought tickets yet - just waiting for final confirmation my brother is going to make it to the game. I sat in about Section 50 a few years ago when I went up - not a bad place at all to sit - anywhere on the top tier is pretty good for footy.

I think the club tickets usually come out about 3 weeks or so before - but I think they are usually in the bottom tier near the cheer squad - which I don't think is anywhere near as good for watching footy.
    Good to know.
    Thanks.

Let me know when you get your tickets.

Good to know.
    Thanks.

Let me know when you get your tickets.
    My allocated ticket last year was, looking at the stadium map, was either section 56 or 57. Which is top tier and more or less behind the eastern goal posts. There was a lot of red and white, so I assume that this was part of a member allocation area. No idea if this is the regular area that is allocated?