Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 2 V Carlton

Well Talia will definitely be out. I'm guessing he'll be moved to Long Term Injury List.

Sad about Talia. I thought he played well from early on in the preseason. Lucky we have Ted to come in. It's not often you get 2 Lisfranc injuries in the same game, perhaps it's never happened before. It's a bad injury for a footballer to have.

Shocking news for us considering our limited real depth in that position. We are going to need Teddy and Heath to continue their marathon man type form and luck with injury! Hopefully Talia will have a flawless rehab from this one and it doesn't impact the young bloke in the future! I've liked the look of him so far. Hasn't been eye catching but done what has been required of him and is definitely one for our future as a key backman if he can recover fully!

1 change now being Ted for Talia for me!

Senior Player
    I'm very upset to hear about talia too. I thought he was solid and will develop well to replace Ted given time.

One change for me too. Teddy to replace talia.

I think Mcviegh will come in eventually for Robinson but not yet.

The other interesting dilemma is who Reid will come in for. Most likely it will be towers / Cunningham that battle for the spot that Reid will take. I think that Rohan and mcglynn Will most likely become depth players.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Terrible news for Talia, I thought he was quite good in round 1 and had a good chance to string together a decent run of games.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I too am very disappointed. I thought Talia did well with good signs for the future. At the time he got the injury I thought the Collingwood player had landed on Talia's foot and it was a painful but not significant sprig injury. Never thought it would be so much worse. Such a pity.

Disappointing of course but he'll be well and truly back for the business end of the season.

Ted to come back in next week and I guess we also have the option of using Sam Reid down back as a CHB when he is ready.

Veterans List
    I am really pi**ed off about Talia. He was the perfect depth defender with improvement to come, just what we needed, and now we're back to square one on KPD's. As troy said, Ted and Heath are going to have to do it all on their own again this season.....and good luck to them! It sucks....here's hoping for a speedy, trouble free recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I am really pi**ed off about this. He was the perfect depth defender with improvement to come, just what we needed, and now we're back to square one on KPD's. As troy said, Ted and Heath are going to have to do it all again this season.....and good luck to them! It sucks....here's hoping for a speedy, trouble free recovery!
    You're right it does highlight a shortcoming in our list and it's one I expect to be addressed in the off-season with our trading and drafting.

What is the general consensus here from regular ressies watchers re X and AA or indeed any other potential KPDs on our list? I've only seen them a few times and there really wasn't much to suggest they could step up.

Would there be any club in the league that would be affected as badly by one injury as we would by Reg getting crocked? I doubt it....

The big question for me is Reid. Our forward line looked well balanced so I don't think we'll drop a small for him and it's hard to imagine which tall could go. (Towers seems the most likely).

Is it time for him to make the move down back? We really could use him there, especially with Talia going down.

The traditional wisdom is that 'young' players can't carry the load of a full season

After their performance last week it seems a great opportunity early in the season to get some time more into Papley, Hewitt and Mills.

In due course, McGlynn McVeigh and Reid (and Rohan) can give spells to Papley Mills Hewitt.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bungwahl View Post
    For me, the only possible change would be if Hannebery has any lasting effects from the head bump. Ted and McGlynn get another run in the twos. Hopefully see another strong performance from Rose in the ressies too.
    Injury update just posted removes any doubt around Hannebery, who will be available.

Bad news on Talia. We were never going to have him in the side for any more than 3-4 years and need the defence now.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast