Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 2 V Carlton

Just watched the Harley injury update. Talia out for 8 to 12 weeks. That's dreadful news. I too was in the 'ease Ted back with another match in the twos' camp, but now I think if they are confident in his fitness, he has to come straight back into the seniors.

And poor Sam Naismith. He can't take a trick. Out for another two weeks with a broken hand, just when he had recovered from a groin injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And poor Sam Naismith. He can't take a trick. Out for another two weeks with a broken hand, just when he had recovered from a groin injury.
    Those hand and groin injuries are a worry, especially so close together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    No comment.

Just heard on Fox Footy that Talia has broken the same bone in his foot as Dane Swan and may be out for 8-10 weeks.

Ted better be ready, we'll need game time in him for the weeks to come.

- - - Updated - - -

ROFL

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched the Harley injury update. Talia out for 8 to 12 weeks. That's dreadful news. I too was in the 'ease Ted back with another match in the twos' camp, but now I think if they are confident in his fitness, he has to come straight back into the seniors.

Just posted same thing. Sorry to double up Meg.

- - - Updated - - -

Just posted same thing. Sorry to double up Meg.

Veterans List

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    The big question for me is Reid. Our forward line looked well balanced so I don't think we'll drop a small for him and it's hard to imagine which tall could go. (Towers seems the most likely).

Is it time for him to make the move down back? We really could use him there, especially with Talia going down.
    Yeah, for me too.
    Last year I labeled the backman experiment as a failure and declared Reid a forward.
    At the moment I see him as a depth forward, or of use when we need a particularly tall forward line.
    Will get a good run in either the forward or back when we need him to replace an injured player.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    More than happy for Reid to play as a CHB if required however the Eagles showed us last year than you can easily get away with a smaller backline if your midfield pressure is enough which we saw first hand on Saturday night that ours can be.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Bad news on Talia. We were never going to have him in the side for any more than 3-4 years and need the defence now.
    Danzar, why would we have him for only 3-4 years? He is only quite young I think.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 30th March 2016 at 10:39 AM. Reason: mod: fixed quote

An odd quirk from Round 1 - every winning team plays in Round 2 a team that was a loser in Round 1.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    An odd quirk from Round 1 - every winning team plays in Round 2 a team that was a loser in Round 1.
    It would be cool if they all won again, especially because it would put the Dawks and Pies down the bottom. Just looking at the fixture it is not impossible for that to happen.

Back OT. I have been one that has wanted Reid to remain a forward/wing. But given the teams current make up I am happy for him to be given an extended run down back.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Both Reid and Rohan are injured but if we are going to keep playing a more open game REID would be an unstoppable 196cm roving wingman or Forward/Back flanker and ROHAN can stay forward and burnt all the defenders. I have baked McVEIGH quite a bit but again in an open game plan McVEIGH can play anyway and will play very good footy. Unsure about Benny though might get a go when PAPS need a break.

Just one question. Who is the next best tall defender after TEDDY, right now?

It would probably be little brother X.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast