Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 2 V Carlton

Changes for Rnd 2 V Carlton

Will Hanners pass the concussion test? Does Teddy come in for Talia or Laidler? Will Benny play? Has Rose done enough in the Ressies last week to force his way in? Is Macca straight back or does he need a week or two in the Ressies?

For me it's Ted in for Talia and Rose in for Robbo.

Richards for Talia and if McVeigh's fit bring him in for Robbo, but it still sounds like McVeigh's another week away. Would you bring in McGlynn for Robbo and have him play a more midfield role?

I'd persist with Talia. I think Ted needs to earn his spot through a few good games in the 2's.

My prediction: No change.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I'd persist with Talia. I think Ted needs to earn his spot through a few good games in the 2's.

My prediction: No change.
    This

Teddy will come back but I would think another hitout in the two's would be required

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Richards wasn't great in the NEAFL apparently so I wouldn't bring him in for another couple of games...same with McGlynn. No need to rush them back for a game that we should be winning comfortably.

McVeigh is one of those rare players that can come back in without a run at NEAFL level but judging from the comments of our coaches and Tom Harley etc I don't think he will be ready either.

Doubt there will be any changes, but wouldn't mind seeing Rose come in at some stage, has genuine X-factor.

Absolutely no change. We just spanked the Pies by 80 points.

The only walk-up start when he's right is McVeigh. Teddy and McGlynn have been great servants and will definitely play a role during the year. But they're 30+. Stick with the future for the time being.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

For me, the only possible change would be if Hannebery has any lasting effects from the head bump. Ted and McGlynn get another run in the twos. Hopefully see another strong performance from Rose in the ressies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post

The only walk-up start when he's right is McVeigh. Teddy and McGlynn have been great servants and will definitely play a role during the year. But they're 30+. Stick with the future for the time being.
    fully agree

McGlynn in for Robinson would be my guess
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Fully agree with this.

Clearly Ted is still in our best 22 best 22 but I'd ease him back via the twos, and I'd be tempted to do the same with Sam.

I'm not sure that McGylnn and Rohan could force their way back into that side at the moment. Papley pretty much does that small forward role and if (and it is a big if) he can maintain the form and intensity from Saturday then I'd say Ben's papers are stamped.

Of course we'll get injuries and the like but at this stage I'd say no change.

Also very happy to see the ressies beating GWS on the weekend. I'd hope that part of this is the toppies from the academy raising the depth of that side. The quality of the academy graduates is about to increase massively with the first batch of kids that came in as U11s about to graduate. Those that miss the draft can still have a couple of years in our system and the chance to get rookie listed, it's a great opportunity

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yep- and realistically, having just walloped a team whilst a couple of guys are on the come back from injury affords a coach one of the easier "have at least another week in the magoos, son" chats they're ever likely to have.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

With utmost respect to the 4 big outs, no changes this week.
    The team played well together and the on field communication was great, I'd ease the others in after they've built up match fitness.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast