Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2016 - early days

Season 2016 - early days

Yeah, we're between aircraft here. And my mob didn't make finals, and I've baited Camden enough. Until Saturday that is.

Word is that the BDAFL are putting pressure on Gosford to return to their local comp, by encouraging Gosford juniors to form their own Senior club if the Wildcats don't return. Apparently all the talented juniors and local players have headed to Terrigal who are bursting at the seams.

Fairly obvious that the BDAFL are trying to entice the successful Wildcats womens team over as well.

Can anyone see any changes to the teams in Prems next year? (new ones or ones dropping out).
    Whilst crystal balling, any clubs looking to implode?

Almost Football Legend
    I'd be surprised if there was any change to the current 9 teams. I don't see anyone going in or out.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

can we afford another year of Baulko being in the position they're in ? Surely something has to give there.

If they smash the GF by 15 goals then the doggy-doos will hit the fan. But if the GF were to be competitive then they'd probably get a reprieve to go away and work on their issues over summer.
    Last edited by justabaraker; 9th September 2015 at 04:58 PM.

Just some solid good hard looking at UTS and the way they manipulated the lower divisions would be a great way to start.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runt View Post
    Just some solid good hard looking at UTS and the way they manipulated the lower divisions would be a great way to start.
    It's a good reason for going back to an SFL 1 and SFL 2 structure with each club having two grades. 2-3 less intense divisions below

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    can we afford another year of Baulko being in the position they're in ? Surely something has to give there.

If they smash the GF by 15 goals then the doggy-doos will hit the fan. But if the GF were to be competitive then they'd probably get a reprieve to go away and work on their issues over summer.
    Do they have another year on their NEAFL contracts!? ... surely not!

I was under the impression that it was just this year, and if so, we can expect a mass exodus of players.

We can only hope that they show some character and if they are staying in the Sydney comp, they return to their local clubs.

Why when you can get paid good money to turn up and dominate amatuers every weekend?

There's no clubs knocking on the door in lower divisions like Manly, UTS and Sydney Uni before them were.

Penrith have a solid off field structure, strong juniors, but would struggle to compete at that level, same as Moorebank & Camden, although there's no 19s at Camden.

Mac Uni are competing this year but have no 19s (?) or juniors.

I'd love to see Terrigal or Killarney Vale test themselves, but we've seen how well the NCC Hunters experiment worked in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Why when you can get paid good money to turn up and dominate amatuers every weekend?
    asking fore a freind, but wht kind off moneyu are they offring to players and do they have any specific possitons that they would need filled as my friend plays quite a damageing chb role and has a deadly left peg taht (but is valuble on both sides of the bodies) . hit me up via PM if you know, im looking for a knew challange .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    There's no clubs knocking on the door in lower divisions like Manly, UTS and Sydney Uni before them were.

Penrith have a solid off field structure, strong juniors, but would struggle to compete at that level, same as Moorebank & Camden, although there's no 19s at Camden.

Mac Uni are competing this year but have no 19s (?) or juniors.

I'd love to see Terrigal or Killarney Vale test themselves, but we've seen how well the NCC Hunters experiment worked in the past.
    woludnt happen to good for terrigel as the travel will impact them and they havbe a good setup at their home with local games were a number of players tahts live local in central coast when newcastle is only 45mins away.
    killarney vale on the otyher hand are even less likely on skills but have a number off players who came from sydney anyway for there games

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo Peter View Post
    asking fore a freind, but wht kind off moneyu are they offring to players and do they have any specific possitons that they would need filled as my friend plays quite a damageing chb role and has a deadly left peg taht (but is valuble on both sides of the bodies) . hit me up via PM if you know, im looking for a knew challange
    Hmmm...sounds like your "freind" could possibly attract a small discount on a burger (god knows they make great margin!), but given they are going to win the flag by 15 goals, it'd be unlikely they are struggling to fill roles. If you do manage to get some coin though, please invest in some late night English classes. Cheers

Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast