Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round 1: Brisbane Lions Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Burpengary

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Sam Naismith has played so little in his time at Swans; must be a risk too
    With his injury record, the club must be pretty confident he will make it if he can get his body right - as Mug said, the club must be pretty happy with him as a long term prospect.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Interested to see how Matt Wilson and Jordan Dawson go this year. Reckon they both have a lot of upside.

Is there any links to watch the full NEAFL games? I want to see how both those boys played. Dawson looks like a smart half forward.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Interested to see how Matt Wilson and Jordan Dawson go this year. Reckon they both have a lot of upside.

Is there any links to watch the full NEAFL games? I want to see how both those boys played. Dawson looks like a smart half forward.
    Dawson of course is on our list but Wilson is a toppy so we get no real advantage there should he really kick on in terms of drafting. Ideally I'd like to see more of our academy kids on our rookie list but it's hard to argue against who they put on this year (i.e. Tom Papley)

Come along to Henson on Saturday to have a look in person, it's a great old suburban ground

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    ROUND 1 VOTES
    Brisbane v Sydney
    9: Harry Marsh (Sydney)
    5: Ben Keays (Brisbane)
    4: Jordon Foote (Sydney)
    3: Matt Wilson (Sydney)
    3: Billy Evans (Brisbane)
    2: Nic Newman (Sydney)
    2: James Rose (Sydney)
    1: Abe Davis (Sydney)
    1: Josh McGuiness (Brisbane)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    ROUND 1 VOTES
    Brisbane v Sydney
    9: Harry Marsh (Sydney)
    5: Ben Keays (Brisbane)
    4: Jordon Foote (Sydney)
    3: Matt Wilson (Sydney)
    3: Billy Evans (Brisbane)
    2: Nic Newman (Sydney)
    2: James Rose (Sydney)
    1: Abe Davis (Sydney)
    1: Josh McGuiness (Brisbane)
    We won by 20 goals and 3 Brisbane players are in the best! Keays maybe on possessions alone, but the other 2!!!!

I watched 3 qtrs of that abysmal game. Dawson didn't get any votes, but thought he did some classy things. I think he'll challenge for a spot in our forward line in the next year or so.

I thought Aliir was very disappointing, especially since the defence wasn't challenged much. He simply cannot defend and is constantly beaten to the ball. Did some complaining about the coverage, mostly to Melican. I can't see any improvement in Aliir since the under 18s when he was also consistently beaten to the ball. He also made a number of other poor plays. Richards wasn't involved in much of the play and perhaps that should be taken as a sign that he had his man covered. Newman controlled most of the exits from defence and did well.

I'm glad we persisted with Marsh. He looked a class above most of the rest. He may make it yet.

It's early days, but getting Talia looks to be a good move as there's not much promise in our KPD prospects based on this game. Reid may be forced into defence out of necessity unless we can find another KPD before Grundy retires. Fortunately Davis and Dawson both look promising forward prospects.

Aliir was close to BOG against SU a fortnight ago and was holding his own against Patton until Ted moved onto him when he came on after 1/4 time last week.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion based on watching 3 quarters of a dodgy video feed, but I'm equally entitled to give RWO's hope on watching him live the previous 2 weeks that he's far from the hopeless case you portray him....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234