Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Rnd.2 Match Day Thread Carlton V Sydney. 4.40pm Etihad Stadium.

Excelent article in The Age by Rohan Connolly today on our list compared to carltons Unseasoned Sydney Swans making the AFL critics look silly

This article underscores how most of the Melbourne media simply doesn't do their research, Rohan excepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    This article underscores how most of the Melbourne media simply doesn't do their research, Rohan excepted.
    and to be honest, many readers here !

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I missed the game on the weekend but IQ'd it - I too have been struck by how reasonably well Eddie has commentated this game. Normally he makes my skin crawl but he did a pretty good job.
    The problem for Eddie was he didn't know who to hate more when commentating..
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Excelent article in The Age by Rohan Connolly today on our list compared to carltons Unseasoned Sydney Swans making the AFL critics look silly
    The stat that has to get one excited from that article is:

The numbers suggested a different story, however. Not only was last Sunday's 22 the equal fifth-youngest team Sydney had put on the park since 1999, it was a line-up actually younger across the board than Carlton's, the Swans still coming in under a 25-year-old average, the Blues a touch over.

"You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I missed the game on the weekend but IQ'd it - I too have been struck by how reasonably well Eddie has commentated this game. Normally he makes my skin crawl but he did a pretty good job.
    I was pleasantly surprised too. I thought he was the best commentator on the night, and Im not a fan at all of him.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    No weak links. Good signs

to be honest i thought Mills and Jones struggled a little in their decision making but there was very good pressure by Carlton and it wasn't a soft touch game

Great to see Ted straight back into it !

Lastly i thought our back line transitions were very different to the structures we used the previous week.........Getting out of your own half against the best teams needs a plan A, B and C and it was interesting to see Sydney putting pressure on different players to make it count out of the backs

ie Llloyd dominated the week prior and was given the loose role but this week he appeared to be given a run with type role for large mins
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011