Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd.2 Match Day Thread Carlton V Sydney. 4.40pm Etihad Stadium.

Senior Player
    Is this Waterhouse rules or something?
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Goswannies, since you're on here now, what's your take on the Talia Lisfranc injury? Is he going to need surgery? Or not enough info to determine?.
    The latter.

If un-displaced & no neuro vascular compromisation, it's usually conservatively managed. Moonboot, non-weight bearing

If displaced, try for closed reduction.

If unstable, open reduction, internal fixation.

If neuro vascular compromise ... problems.

Far as I've heard, the club hasn't revealed the severity.

Likely similar time out whether operated or not. Although, often the metalwork is removed at 6 weeks - a few months. More surgery. More time off.

Problem with Lisfranc injury is he will lose general fitness. Can run until it's well healed. Also, as a primary weight bearing joint of the foot it's pretty painful with running or even walking until it's healed a fair bit.

Hmmm actually, I think they might be going conservative (based on no known facts, just that they expected him to be back before season's end - that might imply that they have a projected recovery time which is probably easier when you can eliminate the uncertainties of surgery). Again, that is just supposition only.
    Last edited by goswannies; 3rd April 2016 at 07:39 PM.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Have smashed Pies and Blues in the first 2 rounds!! Does it get any better than this?

GO THE MIGHTY BLOODS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    I think the test of he trade will be solely dependant on Sinclair's form, not Jetta's. Jetta never got back to his 11/12 best. I thought on that basis alone it was a good trade. If Jetta ever becomes the gun he could have been, it would be due to his move West. It wasn't going to happen at Sydney I don't think.
    Well so far so good, sinclair had a very decent game today!

Good performance again today, carlton are not going to be walkovers this season and gave us a good run for our money early.

Cat wait for the derby next week, should be a cracker!!!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

One thing that I was wondering after Boekhort's blatant staging: is there actually the capacity for the umpire to reverse a decision? I mean, can they look up at the replay screen, realise that they've been conned and give the ball back to the team that has been cheated?

Very encouraging to see the new guys back up their efforts of the 1st week.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Watching today I'm reminded why I'm still recovering from the decision to exclude Laidler late in the year in 2014. And I say that as a fan of Horse.

He's a hard competitive more skilful than recognised footballer.

Senior Player
    A very encouraging game.

Terrific game from Sinclair and Tippett in the ruck. They've become a formidable pair.

The new guys from last week backed up well. I especially liked papley taking his mark against Simpson before goaling.

Cunningham played a very good game. Towers was a Bit quiet today and Lloyd wasn't as active as last week but still played a very important link job. Mills looking solid for a very young guy. A few poor decisions from him but that's to be expected for his early games.

Like I said overall very pleased

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Tippett and Sinclair what a ruck combo can get hitouts and go forward and kick goals beautiful to watch and Robbos goal was parker-esque
    Really liking Tippett's attitude this year and I'm liking him with Sinclair even more. Great to have a working ruck/forward combination again. Different to the Mumford days (enjoyed watching him crash and bash in the Geelong game today), but different in a good way.

Two solid wins to start the season, pretty good. Hope they don't let down their guard next week.

Veteran Site Admin
    Very hard to pick the best players. Most of the senior players were excellent, and the youngsters contributed well too.

I especially like the look of steely determination on Tippett's face. Even though the game was already won, there was no way he was going to miss any of those final quarter shots at goal.

Papley's going to face tougher challenges, but he's a young man with a heap of confidence in his ability at this level. To even attempt that mark was one thing. To complete it, against a significantly taller and very experienced opponent, was classy.

Jack seems to be the forgotten player in the media amongst our senior midfield core. Kennedy, Hannebery and Parker all get plenty of recognition but Jack's putting his hand up and saying "What about me?" in the best possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Very hard to pick the best players. Most of the senior players were excellent, and the youngsters contributed well too.

I especially like the look of steely determination on Tippett's face. Even though the game was already won, there was no way he was going to miss any of those final quarter shots at goal.

Papley's going to face tougher challenges, but he's a young man with a heap of confidence in his ability at this level. To even attempt that mark was one thing. To complete it, against a significantly taller and very experienced opponent, was classy.

Jack seems to be the forgotten player in the media amongst our senior midfield core. Kennedy, Hannebery and Parker all get plenty of recognition but Jack's putting his hand up and saying "What about me?" in the best possible way.
    Agree about Jack, is it just me or does he seem to have regained that agility and explosiveness that seemed to have dropped off the past couple couple of seasons? It makes such a difference to our midfield when we have someone who can explode or quick step out of a pack rather than just bullock through and shoot a scrappy handball out of a tackle.

Red face

Was a bit distracted watching the game so I'll be interested in others' opinions here.

A good all-round performance, winning the games you should.

I like the Tippett-Sinclair combo and I was thrilled to see the three newbies back up last week's performances, they look like keepers to me If Papley can be a small forward who contributes 25-30 goals this season he'll be worth his spot for the full year.

Robbo looks to have improved, he'd be miles ahead of BJ, whose elder bro had another good game. It will be the improvement in the bottom six of our 22 this year that will determine how far we go in September and from two rounds I'd say that the following players have improved significantly this season over 2015 - Jones, Heeney, Lloyd, Robbo and Mitchell.

Buddy looks great doesn't he, back to his best and I reckon he's got a bit left in him too.

Thought Towers had another game where he contributed well. One passage of play in the 4th was great from him where he made a tackle then backed up to deliver the ball upfield for a goal. I love the fact that him and blokes like Hewett just do a role for the team and they both look every inch AFL footballers.

Today we did what good teams do, put weaker teams away and Carlton, despite being an improved side with some good young talent, are still weak. Next week will be our sternest test and I'm really looking forward to it.

Isn't it great to be enjoying the footy again after all the bad energy of last year

And the other good news is the form of the twos with a big win over the Lions, our depth really is starting to improve

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast