Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd.2 Match Day Thread Carlton V Sydney. 4.40pm Etihad Stadium.

My overall impression of our side now is that we are very well balanced. A really nice mix of players across the whole park. Our handballing has been exceptional so far and our kicking has improved. Still needs more improvement but very pleasing to see it heading in the right direction. Kizza is looking fantastic. Moving better than he has for quite a while. Listening to Eddie was hard.

Veterans List
    KJ was very good out of the centre again. We had many clean centre clearances and boy has it made a difference to our game. It puts so much pressure on the opposing defence and 0ur mids just swarm forward to pick up any spills.

Both Tippett and Sinclair were excellent at centre bounces. Sinclair takes the ruck duel and then continues forward to win the footy. Tippett was sensational around the ground and a lot of his grunt work below his knees goes unnoticed. Really, really strong in the packs. BOG for mine.

I just love the way we play the corridor and how players immedaitely go on the move to find space there. Exciting footy to watch and we can get better. A few times we went that one extra handpass when we had them dead to rites with an open forward line, and caused a turnover. I reckon a couple resulted in turnover goals.

No weak links. Good signs

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    KJ was very good out of the centre again. We had many clean centre clearances and boy has it made a difference to our game. It puts so much pressure on the opposing defence and 0ur mids just swarm forward to pick up any spills.

Both Tippett and Sinclair were excellent at centre bounces. Sinclair takes the ruck duel and then continues forward to win the footy. Tippett was sensational around the ground and a lot of his grunt work below his knees goes unnoticed. Really, really strong in the packs. BOG for mine.

I just love the way we play the corridor and how players immedaitely go on the move to find space there. Exciting footy to watch and we can get better. A few times we went that one extra handpass when we had them dead to rites with an open forward line, and caused a turnover. I reckon a couple resulted in turnover goals.
    I'd rate Kizza as our most improved and he was by no means poor last year

Warming the Bench
    You know everyone is happy when there are only a couple of pages on these kinds of posts!

Looking ahead, who makes way for Rohan and Reid when they return?

I'm guessing McVeigh comes in for Hewitt or Robinson. Who else makes way?

Veterans List
    Very good performance. Mitchell is turning into an outstanding AFL midfielder. Are Tippet and Sinclair becoming the blueprint for the new ruck regime? Early days, but good signs.

Tougher test next week - bring it on!

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    McVeigh in jones out.

Carlton were good in patches but couldn't sustain the effort.

Big men ripped them apart, youngsters were good again. Mills had a fair few clangers and poor decisions this week.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    One thing that I was wondering after Boekhort's blatant staging: is there actually the capacity for the umpire to reverse a decision? I mean, can they look up at the replay screen, realise that they've been conned and give the ball back to the team that has been cheated?
    No but you'd hope the tribunal has the balls to lighten his wallet by a few $.

Quote Originally Posted by Panttz View Post
    You know everyone is happy when there are only a couple of pages on these kinds of posts!

Looking ahead, who makes way for Rohan and Reid when they return?

I'm guessing McVeigh comes in for Hewitt or Robinson. Who else makes way?
    Don't forget that the first one likely to be back is McGlynn, who had a strong game in ressies yesterday. I think he comes in for Robinson probably as the first change, but no idea who drops out for Reid and Rohan when they are fit. Our team is looking really balanced at the moment, and playing some great early season footy.

On a broader note, the lower interchange limit is certainly helping to open up the play - the footy over the first two rounds has been excellent in general, I'm actually sitting and enjoying watching not involving the Swans for the first time in a few years.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    I think one or two of the youngsters were feeling a bit sore after the game.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    McVeigh in jones out.

Carlton were good in patches but couldn't sustain the effort.

Big men ripped them apart, youngsters were good again. Mills had a fair few clangers and poor decisions this week.
    You could we be right there but I'd like to see us persist with Jones so I guess that means Robinson would make way which also seems grossly unfair.

No idea where you'd fit Reid in, clearly there is a place for him in the best 22 but we may ease him back through the twos to defer the decision I'd think.

So, out of the 22 we have the following knocking on the door by my reckoning - BJ, Rohan (when fit) McGlynn and Rose. We'll still be still be stretched at times depth wise, and I suspect all these guys will get some senior footy this year, but no I see it as more of an opportunity.

I think all the first year players will be rotated in and out of the team over the year. They won't be able to sustain 22 games in a row

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast