Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 3 V GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Shane certainly likes to have guys make sure they known they've played a game of football, but I thought that hit on Duncan showed quite a fair bit of care- he could have done a hell of a lot more damage in that situation by turning to bump instead of opting to tackle.
    Totally agree. It was as clean a big hit as I've seen, with no malice, plenty of care, just frighteningly hard.

Many of our mids have played with Mummy and will handle him better than the Cats did.....Our guys will be ready for what Mummy serves up.

Hopefully Tippo and Sinclair will give him plenty to think about, re ; defence.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    No changes for mine but Tippo needs to take on Mummy physically and I'd have him run with Mummy all day.
    So Macca puts up his hand to play, does he get a run in the ressies or straight back in the ones?

I just watched the replay again and all the newbies played really well, even Robbo. Who gets dropped?
    Last edited by aardvark; 5th April 2016 at 12:32 AM.

Senior Player
    Robbo played his best senior game this far.

If we were 0-2, then would have no choice but to rush players back.
    With how well the team is playing, i would prefer no change. At the moment I think it is more important to play the kids and get games into them than bring in a 30+ yr old in Benny.
    No doubt McGlynn will be very important during the season.

Question: Once Rohan comes back and Papley is back onto the rookie list can he (Papley) be upgraded again for another LTI player?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by tasswan View Post

Question: Once Rohan comes back and Papley is back onto the rookie list can he (Papley) be upgraded again for another LTI player?
    Short answer is yes. It's been set by precedent that if you have two or more players on the LTI list then the AFL will basic let you interchange which players are returned to the rookie list returned to the rookie list when the senior players are playing again. In other words you don't need to return the rookie who was originally upgraded for that senior player, you could return one of the other rookies you've upgraded instead

I presume the best option is to always replace the highestbpaid player on the lti list

The kiddies will need a rotating rest, so I'd expect player management to step up shortly. If Macca is back in, then it would need to be Jones, which is a shame, and if Benny is back in I'd think Robbo for a week, then perhaps rotating the other kids.

Thats my expert and inept opinion, and I'm sticking to it...For now
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    I presume the best option is to always replace the highestbpaid player on the lti list
    Makes no difference. The salaries of players on LTI are still included in the salary cap. The salaries of the rookie/s upgraded to replace the LTI are not included for the period for which they are replacing the LTI.

So salary-wise it doesn't matter which player on LTI list a rookie is deemed to be replacing.

In: Papely no. 2

Admin, is there any chance I can change my username from Jetts to Paps?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Makes no difference. The salaries of players on LTI are still included in the salary cap. The salaries of the rookie/s upgraded to replace the LTI are not included for the period for which they are replacing the LTI.

So salary-wise it doesn't matter which player on LTI list a rookie is deemed to be replacing.
    So what was Healy crapping on about us just having enough money for Papley for? Because he was definitely talking about the upgrade and not the initial rookie listing. If Papley's upgrade due to Rohan being on the LTI has no impact then why did he mention it? Also, when Rohan comes back does that mean we lose Papley for the rest of the year or would we use him to take Alex's spot on the list. I'd hate for us not to be able to play him all season, so I'm confused.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    So what was Healy crapping on about us just having enough money for Papley for? Because he was definitely talking about the upgrade and not the initial rookie listing. If Papley's upgrade due to Rohan being on the LTI has no impact then why did he mention it? Also, when Rohan comes back does that mean we lose Papley for the rest of the year or would we use him to take Alex's spot on the list. I'd hate for us not to be able to play him all season, so I'm confused.....
    I thought I read somewhere that we had a few spare senior spots on the list anyway, so he wouldn't necessarily need to be returned to the rookie list. Perhaps Healy was talking about the situation where Rohan returned and Papley remained. Although, would Healy actually know anything about the Swans finances?

Quote Originally Posted by bungwahl View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that we had a few spare senior spots on the list anyway, so he wouldn't necessarily need to be returned to the rookie list. Perhaps Healy was talking about the situation where Rohan returned and Papley remained. Although, would Healy actually know anything about the Swans finances?
    To me what Healy is reported to have said doesn't make sense. I suspect he doesn't understand the salary cap rules in regard to rookies.

Yes we have two 'spare' senior spots in the sense that formally we have a senior list of the minimum of 38 and the allowed maximum is 40. However I suspect we don't have salary cap space to increase our senior list. That said we have only upgraded Papley to date and we already have two on the LTI - Rohan and Johnson. Papley was upgraded nominally to replace Rohan but I don't think there is anything in the rules that would prevent the club switching him to replace Johnson, should they wish to do so when Rohan comes back.

I suspect the club has just been playing it cautiously to see how Papley coped in the seniors. And we've got a pretty good idea of that now!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast