Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 3 V GWS.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Changes for Round 3 V GWS.

Does Benny get a gig? Do any of the kids need a rest? Should Macca have a run in the 2nds or straight back in?
    These and many more questions answered by the RWO faithful.

Out: Papley, Mills, Heeney, Hewett
    In: Derickx, Derickx, Derickx, Derickx
    Explanation:

MummyDuncanTackle.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Explanation:

MummyDuncanTackle.jpg
    I wonder if the earth moved for him?

Explanation:

MummyDuncanTackle.jpg
    Very funny!

But actually I am concerned about Mumford's physicality against our young players. He uses his size and strength with little (no?) regard to duty of care - in fact I think it is his intent to hurt players. Duncan spent the rest of the match on the bench after that hit. I didn't like it when he played for us so I am not being hypercritical in saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

But actually I am concerned about Mumford's physicality against our young players. He uses his size and strength with little (no?) regard to duty of care - in fact I think it is his intent to hurt players. Duncan spent the rest of the match on the bench after that hit. I didn't like it when he played for us so I am not being hypercritical in saying this.
    I was actually being (half) serious. Mummy is a big concern with his extreme physicality, to be polite. He's also almost as likely to take out his own teammates as the opposition, which always made me nervous when he was playing for us. I don't think Sinclair can compete in the ruck with Mummy, so I think it's going to have to be Tippett that will go head to head with him most of the day. Maybe Tippett should try to go forward at every opportunity and make him defend, although I'd hate to have Mummy in the area where most of our youngsters are playing.

I got the impression from Longmire's press conference that he was likely to go with an unchanged lineup this week. There really isn't any reason to drop a player on form, so if they're all fit, I would guess they will all play on Saturday. It's a six day break for the Giants as well, so their players should be just as tired as ours.

If Papley doesn't tire during the season, I can't see him coming out of the side. He's just the kind of player we need. I think we should get as many games in Hewett as possible. I'd say that after 20 odd games, he can take a his turn at the stoppages. He's a natural inside midfielder who has subtle aspects to his game that you see in 50+ game players. He's used his time in the ressies well.

Jones, Heeney, Robinson, Mills, Hewett and Papley: All players with fewer than 20 games. One thing they all have in common as that they can kick the footy. They all make mistakes from time to time, but they add so much to our ball movement and take the pressure off our senior players from having to do it all.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Very funny!

Shane certainly likes to have guys make sure they known they've played a game of football, but I thought that hit on Duncan showed quite a fair bit of care- he could have done a hell of a lot more damage in that situation by turning to bump instead of opting to tackle.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Shane certainly likes to have guys make sure they known they've played a game of football, but I thought that hit on Duncan showed quite a fair bit of care- he could have done a hell of a lot more damage in that situation by turning to bump instead of opting to tackle.
    Totally agree. It was as clean a big hit as I've seen, with no malice, plenty of care, just frighteningly hard.

Many of our mids have played with Mummy and will handle him better than the Cats did.....Our guys will be ready for what Mummy serves up.

Hopefully Tippo and Sinclair will give him plenty to think about, re ; defence.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Explanation:

MummyDuncanTackle.jpg
    excellent idea

Assuming everyone is fit, no changes this week.

As we go on we'll get a few guys with bumps and soreness, so we can start rotating players then.

Papley and Hewett looked sore/tired, would consider resting them for Mc's, McGlynn and McVeigh. Otherwise if they're fine Robbo for McVeigh for me

No change unless there are a couple of tired bodies after two tough games and with short rest this round. Hard to see McVeigh coming in with a run under his belt but McGlynn might be an option.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

No change

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast