Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
To me what Healy is reported to have said doesn't make sense. I suspect he doesn't understand the salary cap rules in regard to rookies.

Yes we have two 'spare' senior spots in the sense that formally we have a senior list of the minimum of 38 and the allowed maximum is 40. However I suspect we don't have salary cap space to increase our senior list. That said we have only upgraded Papley to date and we already have two on the LTI - Rohan and Johnson. Papley was upgraded nominally to replace Rohan but I don't think there is anything in the rules that would prevent the club switching him to replace Johnson, should they wish to do so when Rohan comes back.

I suspect the club has just been playing it cautiously to see how Papley coped in the seniors. And we've got a pretty good idea of that now!
Thanks for clarifying that.

That makes sense, at the very least he'd be back on the rookie list when Gary returns and then can be upgraded for Alex's spot which he sadly won't be taking this year, if ever.....

You'd never wish a bad injury on anyone but it would be good if Harry could get some taste of senior footy this year form permitting. I'm going to head to Henson for the twos at midday on Sunday before the bug game which I'm really looking forward to.