Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 3 V GWS.

Veterans List
    I doubt Mills will ever be dropped.

Nor should he unless he gets injured or his form drops dramatically which I can't really see happening.

Senior Player
    Mills shouldn't be dropped. Yes he's done a few clangers of kicks but he's gotten a lot more kicks from chb right than shaw used to and mills has only played 2 games. Some of his precision kicks into the corridor have been exquisite. Mills needs as much senior time as his body can tolerate. The only reason he should be dropped is to give his young body a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Mills shouldn't be dropped. Yes he's done a few clangers of kicks but he's gotten a lot more kicks from chb right than shaw used to and mills has only played 2 games. Some of his precision kicks into the corridor have been exquisite. Mills needs as much senior time as his body can tolerate. The only reason he should be dropped is to give his young body a rest.
    i'm pretty confident the bloke wearing no 3 can deliver precisely. Based on our 1st two games, Mills is the most likely to go which isn't a bad thing

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    i'm pretty confident the bloke wearing no 3 can deliver precisely. Based on our 1st two games, Mills is the most likely to go which isn't a bad thing
    I wasn't suggesting McVeigh would deliver imprecisely ( although he hasn't always been the best). I was saying that mills has been very good for only having played 2 games and senior games are much more beneficial for his development than NEAFL games.

Personally I would replace robbo with McVeigh when he returns. Reid for towers. And then when Rohan finally is good he becomes depth for injuries and for the young guys including mills and hewett and robbo as they need to be rested. Of course that all assumes no injuries which as we know is unlikely. I think there will be some rotation of players throughout the Middle of the season amongst mills hewett robbo Reid and Rohan. Papley may need a rest at some stage too and rose would be the logical replacement for him there.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Agree 100% with this. I don't care if Mills or the other youngsters make errors. We need to back them into our starting team now and that means game time. Rest only for injuries or rest.

This will be a high pressure, high intensity, and no doubt a very physical game.....

I'd like to see McGlynn come in for Towers.

He's much better suited to this kind of contest.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    This will be a high pressure, high intensity, and no doubt a very physical game.....

I'd like to see McGlynn come in for Towers.

He's much better suited to this kind of contest.
    An interesting suggestion and I can see merit in it

Over the course of the season I see Papley being challenged by McGlynn, Jarrad in for Robinson and Reid in for Towers or Hewett.

Talia and Rohan will need to demand selection via the twos,

For this week I'd keep exactly the same side because absolutely nobody deserves to be dropped and I'd ease McVeigh through half a game in the twos for a bit of match practice and have him come in next week cherry ripe.

McVeigh to miss Sydney Derby - sydneyswans.com.au

Macca won't be playing this week.

I'm not as crazy about Mills as a lot of people seem to be - he seems to make a lot of errors and I question some of his decision making eg. picking off a teammate sandwiched between two opponents when you're kicking in might come off ok, but it's very risky.

He needs more experience. The question is whether it is better for him to get it in the seniors or reserves. I would normally say seniors, but given it is his first year and we have other players who can fill that position better I'm happy to let him earn his spot just as guys like Tom Mitchell have had to do.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Over the course of the season I see Papley being challenged by McGlynn, Jarrad in for Robinson and Reid in for Towers or Hewett.

Talia and Rohan will need to demand selection via the twos,

For this week I'd keep exactly the same side because absolutely nobody deserves to be dropped and I'd ease McVeigh through half a game in the twos for a bit of match practice and have him come in next week cherry ripe.
    I think Papley will continue to be picked ahead of McGlynn; he's taller, has fine positional sense and is a much better kick. Benny will be more than handy when injury strikes, which will also be the case for Talia and Rohan when they are fit again. The other two changes make sense to me.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast