Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it already Killing Season 2016 (List Management) after 2 rounds

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

Or maybe we'll trade out a player for a gun KPD. Mitchell and Reid are the two players that jump out at you when you start talking Hurley to Swans for instance.

Whether I'm spouting rubbish or not I think we'll be very active this year end
    Reid has more upside than Hurley

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    At the start of the thread I predicted that the Swans would only keep one of Alire or X. Richards. They seem to have made their choice.
    His name is Aliir - it's pretty much always spelled out twice whenever you see it.

Latest prediction:

Retired:

- Ted Richards

- Ben Mcglynn - probably could do 2017, but there are younger players who can play his role at better monetary value.

- Alex Johnson - out of time and too many rookie upgrades to make.

Delisting

Tom D

X. Richards

Potential trade outs

- Towers - probably needs a new start and we could use the 4th round points.

- Mitchell - has not signed and midfield time is diminishing. Pick 10-20 of value. Probably a future pick if there is some academy talent to come at the end of 2017.

That is 7 outs:

Ins

Rookie Upgrades:

- Papley
    - Marsh
    - Melican

I think Newman will get the one 3rd year rookie spot.

- O'riden can be a 2nd year rookie and be upgraded if need be.

- Jordan Foote will probably be delisted.

That leaves 4 spots

Trade

- Trengrove from Melbourne. Offer midfield depth and be good value in trade. Regaining fitness and form in VFL. Ex captain of Melbourne.

Delisted free agent

Jesse White

- At 29 years of age he could provide some useful cover if Buddy or Tippett go down and can now fill in down back. Would have to be a low salary.

National Draft:

I believe it only has to be two selections if you have upgraded rookies.

One KPD and one utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    Delisted free agent

Jesse White

- At 29 years of age he could provide some useful cover if Buddy or Tippett go down and can now fill in down back. Would have to be a low salary.
    Keep on those happy drugs Ma.... Luke!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Just wild about Harry
    Reading on the AFL site that GWS's Caleb Marchbank is out of contract at the end of this season. Apparently Saints and Blues are interested in him as a KPD but the report says he is happy in Sydney. Also, GWS needs to offload about $600k of salary cap. Interesting...

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    LOL Jesse White
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Reading on the AFL site that GWS's Caleb Marchbank is out of contract at the end of this season. Apparently Saints and Blues are interested in him as a KPD but the report says he is happy in Sydney. Also, GWS needs to offload about $600k of salary cap. Interesting...
    The Giants love Marchbank; I doubt they will let him go. Tomlinson is probably off to Victoria. They still have 4 very good young key defenders in Davis, Marchbank, Corr and Haynes. And Parfull is not finished yet. This year they will be adding a likely top 5 pick in Harrison McCreadie. So the glass is very full indeed. I think the Giants will try to keep the lot. The one they may let go is Jeremy Finlayson, who went low in the draft, but looks a good prospect and should be cheap. I wouldn't mind Tim Mohr, except he's had a few too many injuries and closer the end of his career, but if they can't trade him he could be delisted. They will probably keep him if they lose Marchbank.

Another one I'd be looking at is Jack Leslie from the Suns. He was a pick 20 in the 2013 draft. He played very well against us in the reserves. He seems to be 5th in line for key defenders behind Thompson, May, Day, and Henry Schade. They also have Kolodjashnij and Clay Cameron, who can play as a 3rd tall. I think Leslie is out of contract as well. I'd give them our 2nd rounder and throw in Dean Towers.

As for the salary cap, I don't think we are in a position to outbid clubs making crazy offers to players on the move. There are some decent pickings further down the pecking order on the expansion club rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The Giants love Marchbank; I doubt they will let him go. Tomlinson is probably off to Victoria. They still have 4 very good young key defenders in Davis, Marchbank, Corr and Haynes. And Parfull is not finished yet. This year they will be adding a likely top 5 pick in Harrison McCreadie. So the glass is very full indeed. I think the Giants will try to keep the lot. The one they may let go is Jeremy Finlayson, who went low in the draft, but looks a good prospect and should be cheap. I wouldn't mind Tim Mohr, except he's had a few too many injuries and closer the end of his career, but if they can't trade him he could be delisted. They will probably keep him if they lose Marchbank.

Another one I'd be looking at is Jack Leslie from the Suns. He was a pick 20 in the 2013 draft. He played very well against us in the reserves. He seems to be 5th in line for key defenders behind Thompson, May, Day, and Henry Schade. They also have Kolodjashnij and Clay Cameron, who can play as a 3rd tall. I think Leslie is out of contract as well. I'd give them our 2nd rounder and throw in Dean Towers.

As for the salary cap, I don't think we are in a position to outbid clubs making crazy offers to players on the move. There are some decent pickings further down the pecking order on the expansion club rosters.
    One of the many advantages we rightly get with the Academy is the ability to choose.

By that I mean if we have 5 or 6 draftable players a year (as I hope we will) we will probably only be able to afford 2 or maybe 3 depending on where they go. And I suspect we may deliberately let a few go over the years just to share the talent and let other clubs benefit (but not the ones we REALLY want). So, right now if we had four AFL standard mids and two KPDs then you know who we'd be selecting. It really will help with the list management.

Also, am I imagining things or did someone just suggest we draft Jesse White? Incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    LOL Jesse White
    lol

Apart from one or two rookie spots there won't be any Swans Acadamey kids drafted this year.
    There are some solid players but no real guns

Veterans List
    Hurley can move clubs as a DFA due to the drug ban so if he did want to come to the Swans (and let's face it, what better club to move to?) we don't have to trade for him. If he does leave the Bombers, most likely new home would be Hawthorn unless they start to slide down the table at years end.

Of course Wretchmond will have a try for him, they try for everyone and only land dross! Still spewing about last weeks result :-(

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    lol
    There is no key position forward depth on the list. If Tippett and Buddy go down there are no key forwards. Reid is physically unreliable and Nankervis does not have the mobility to be a key forward.

Jesse would offer some insurance for the list. He is physically resilient a mobile athlete and could give an immediate contest. He is playing ahead of Travis Cloke at the moment and can have some good patches.

For those in IT think of Jesse as disaster recovery. He would not be selected if Buddy and Tippett were fit.

The Hawks use Sphanger on their list for this purpose.