Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it already Killing Season 2016 (List Management) after 2 rounds

Veterans List
    We have a plethora of midfielders even without Mitchell. Just another media made up rumour. They have gone early this year on "the old Tom Mitchell" rumour.

If Carlton want Mitchell i'd swap him for Weitering in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Excellent thread WA.

Papley (still early days), Lloyd, Cunningham, Towers and Melican would be great to retain and shouldn't effect our affordability.
    Harry's just signed a three year extension.

A lot of pundits saying Carlton should trade Gibbs out. What's the point of trading one top midfielder out and get another in. I don't see how this helps their side except going a few years younger. I think we are doing the perfect thing to hold on to Mitchell. We're challenging for a premiership. Going to Carlton means end of a competitive career and just playing for the money.

If Towers can't manage to hold down a spot this year he will probably be on the trade table. There are too many coming through the system that will challenge his spot. At the very least Rose and Dawson. I hope he makes it, but he needs to take his chances now.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Just to move this thread on a bit.

Essendon can't keep all of its top ups and the 12 suspended players so there are a couple of gems there.

And moving away from Melbourne for some of them would be ideal.

Dyson Heppell, after suing the club, is not going back.

He is quality, and that is what we always need rather that just depth players.

We should be on the phone to his manager now!
    doof-doof

Heppell is a quality player but I would rather that they make play for Hurley as we need a replacement for Teddy. We have plenty of quality mid-field players on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Heppell is a quality player but I would rather that they make play for Hurley as we need a replacement for Teddy. We have plenty of quality mid-field players on the roster.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    That's a concern. We would only be interested in him if we thought that Mitchell was going to leave.
    I think pretty much every team in the AFL would be interested in him if he's genuinely available, I wouldn't read too much into it.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Be an interesting trade period and draft.

How many of the Essendon 12 will exercise their right to become FA? If some of the big guns leave Essendon will monopolise the start of the draft. Say Hurley, Heppell and Hooker left, Essendon would have picks 1,2,3,4!

There are several younger top ups in the Essendon side that are showing enough to get drafted at the ND. Of interest to us must be KPD Hartley a NSW boy. Essendon have no rights on these guys and if they want them must draft them the same as any other team.

The ND - GWS have at least three first round selections, Gold Coast have two plus three second rounders. There are a number of very good GWS Academy players, not sure if any of ours will be draftable.

Our first round selection this year will be pick 18, or pick 21 if the Essendon big three fly to nest :-)

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    ... Heppell, after suing the club, is not going back.

He is quality, and that is what we always need rather that just depth players.

We should be on the phone to his manager now!
    Heppel will stay on with the Bombers, he will settle out of court and it will be one way for Essendon to pay him more outside of the salary cap.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Heppel will stay on with the Bombers, he will settle out of court and it will be one way for Essendon to pay him more outside of the salary cap.
    Hadn't really thought about that. Surely this loophole has to be addressed by Gillion & co. It would be an unfair advantage and Eddie would have to protest.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    We need a KPD ot two. HURLEY and one other. Let Bombers pay him and then we pick him up.

Hurley is the prototype we require.

Teddy & Reg have been total guns & top 10 defenders for years but their ground ball pressure and lack of agility/foot speed have been exposed over the last 18 months.

We can play both at the SCG but nowhere else. Ramps to CHB (play like Rance), Reg still at FB, back flank to Jones, Marsh, Newman or Aliir.

McVeigh kicked poorly at HBF but our best/ smart HFF.

Much better for me and I believe both Reid and Rohan have plenty to offer.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast