Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it already Killing Season 2016 (List Management) after 2 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    I think with the solid performance over the weekend, Nankervis will convince the Swans mangement that he can slot nicely into that 3rd or 4th ruckman position on the list.

AA looks like he is leading the race to pick up another contract ahead of X Richards. I think only one will be at the Swans next year.
    I'd think Nanka will stay on as a list player as backup but Tom Dx is certainly gone.

I'd have no problem with keeping Reid but my point was that if we did go after Hurley we'd almost certainly need to offload someone on decent coin and Reid would be an option

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Hurley was allegedly seen having lunch with McVeigh and Tom Harley...we must be somewhat interested.
    Are you starting this rumour yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Heppel will stay on with the Bombers, he will settle out of court and it will be one way for Essendon to pay him more outside of the salary cap.
    Very interesting point. I think it could be difficult to guard against this. How can you close such a 'loophole'?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    You would never waste a 1st rounder on a defender. Leave that to Richmond.
    Didnt we get Ted with a first rounder?

Even if Ted was a 1st rounder I think he played more as a forward for Essendon and we made him into a defender ( a very good one at that).

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDaneTrain View Post
    Didnt we get Ted with a first rounder?
    We gave Essendon a first round AND a third round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    We gave Essendon a first round AND a third round pick.
    In hindsight I would say we won that trade. Who did they pick, does anyone know?

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    In hindsight I would say we won that trade. Who did they pick, does anyone know?
    They got Courtney Dempsey and Sam Lonergan, so they did ok. But we did better.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    With Kizza getting a further 3 years, Mitchell is now in the Treloar category, last man standing and huge money from Carlton.

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    With Kizza getting a further 3 years, Mitchell is now in the Treloar category, last man standing and huge money from Carlton.
    About to say the same thing except it was Jetta as last man standing. Hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    It's possible and the longer we go now without Tom re-signing the more likely this becomes. We're clearly very actively re-signing players now and if we don't hear anything positive in three weeks I reckon he is gone. Hewett I expect to re-sign as well and Robbo , Paley and Lloyd who should be fairly straightforward re-signings as well along the lines of Harry.

Towers may well be in notice though I'd like us to persevere with him if the price is right.

I still think he'll re-sign but it may well be that we do the maths and decide that we lock in Heeney and Mills to long term deals instead and trade Tom. He's be worth real trade value and I could see a trade with Tom being a player plus pick that addresses our very immediate need for a KPD though I think it is possible Ted could go on for one more year.

I'd like to keep Tom very much but regardless of what happens we'll have the core of a very very good squad to be firmly in the premiership window for the next three years

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Very interesting point. I think it could be difficult to guard against this. How can you close such a 'loophole'?
    You don't. It's a civil matter and quite frankly Heppell, and the rest of the players affected deserve everything they get. The only thing youy hope for is it's enough to bankrupt Essendon.

Essendon was never going to win the premiership this year, and it will turn into a great year for them. They're able to pump games into their youngsters, give a years rest to their top players and come out the end of it will good draft picks. It will give them a great launch pad for a shot in the next 4-5 years.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast