Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for 1st Semi Final vs Crows

Changes for 1st Semi Final vs Crows

Well...very ordinary performance from a lot of players but we can't drop them all. I thought the team we selected this week was the right one at the time but as others have noted, perhaps the soft draw leading into finals probably flattered a few players form.

The Crows will come to play no doubt and have a strong forward line and skillful midfield that will test us! I would hope we will put in a much harder and determined performance after the bitterly disappointing effort today. We usually bounce back well after poor performances so here's hoping!

So for the changes. One forced at least with sadly Mills being out. I would hope that the others who looked hurt at certain stages being Kennedy and Tippett will be right. Tippett especially needs a big game as he's been ordinary at best since returning. Hopefully being up against his old side will give him extra motivation!

What I would go with, and this is obviously pending these players get through the ressies grand final tomorrow unscathed and in good form:

Out: Mills, McGlynn.
    In: Jones, Towers.

Other options could no doubt be Cunningham and Laidler to come in instead of Jones but he had good form off half back before he got hurt so deserves another chance. McGlynn sadly should have played his last game for mine. Towers has his haters on here but his previous finals form last year was sound and really wasn't playing that badly before being dropped late in the year.

As I said earlier, plenty more could be dropped on todays form but we can't, nor should we drop too many as we really need a more settled lineup this time of year.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    I have been strong against Towers playing finals, but I now actually think we do need his speed. He's not any softer than anything we saw today.

OUT: Mills, McGlynn, Marsh
    IN: Jones, Towers, Laidler

I think Marsh in and Laids out is a selection @@@@-up. I haven't really understood why they have left Laidler out as much as they have - hard, brave, decent intercept mark.

Jones will be a good in.

Don't mind that change either re: Marsh/Laidler. Laidler offers good intercept marking and decent skills. He isn't the quickest but he holds his own and agree, not really sure as to why he was dropped when not doing all that much wrong the first half of the year.

Let's see how the NEAFL GF goes tomorrow too. That'll give us a very good idea as to who will be in the mix next week and who won't. We had a number of young guys clearly suffering from stage fright today but they may be far better for the run.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Out: Mills, McGlynn
    In: Jones, Cunningham

Ridiculous that people still insist on McGlynn being in the side.

Veterans List
    Can't bear to think about next week after yesterday but only Mills definite out, till too numb to analyse the game clearly and won't be watching a replay but maybey McGlynn and Marsh out too?

1.30pm today will tell us a bit, very good opposition, hoping Towers, Jones and Laidler have good ones because they are the most likely ins given we won't debut Newman but should have weeks ago!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Out: Mills, McGlynn
    In: Jones, Cunningham

Ridiculous that people still insist on McGlynn being in the side.
    Agreed - and I was one of them , seduced somewhat by his performance in the "practice match" two weeks ago. Dunno if it was belief ,or hope,that he would eventually have a cracking finals series to make up for 2012 , but he's blown it again and it's time for him to retire.

Gws forward line stretched us and crows have a similar powerful forward line. So i think laidler would be worth it on the small SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Can't bear to think about next week after yesterday but only Mills definite out, till too numb to analyse the game clearly and won't be watching a replay but maybey McGlynn and Marsh out too?

1.30pm today will tell us a bit, very good opposition, hoping Towers, Jones and Laidler have good ones because they are the most likely ins given we won't debut Newman but should have weeks ago!
    I am still baffled as to why Newman hasn't been given a chance this year and would gladly see him in our senior side as he is a perfect replacement for Mills! Horse must have something against him...

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    What about Nankervis?

Our rucks were truely missing around the ground.

We need some muscle, big time, and quickly.

Tippett needs to be look at: we can't afford another very ordinary game from him.

Marsh crack under the pressure, bring in Laidler.

And something left field, Foote for Mills: quick and composed.
    doof-doof

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    What about Nankervis?

Tippett needs to be look at: we can't afford another very ordinary game from him.

Should Tippet have played after half time? Head knock from Ward, then sling tackle from Mumford.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    What about Nankervis?

Marsh crack under the pressure, bring in Laidler.

And something left field, Foote for Mills: quick and composed.
    we need someone with elite kicking skills to come esp against the crows. being in Perth hear or see much about the ressie but is my nunderstanding that Foote is an elite kick.. i know Gerard Healy has big raps on him...

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast