Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 3 Match Day Thread Swans V GWS at the SCG 4.35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Foxtel were calling it Sydney Derby 1X actually.........
    You might want to read this...

Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports

All the talk of Mummy monstering our team were unfounded, he was well beaten by Tippo particularly, and also Sinclair.

Loved Tippo's game.

He kept Mummy out of most contests, beat him in the ruck and kicked a couple of goals on him...Well played Tippo!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Battle of the bridge is the name used by foxtel, 7, and both sydney papers.
    It was created by Kevin Sheedy to try and stir the rivalry. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-13/no-bridge-too-far-sheeds

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    ++1

It is a stupid meaningless name adopted, for unknown reasons, by the media after Sheedy came up with it and foisted on the unreceptive public. I find it really irksome and am surprised the Swans are powerless to do anything about it.

I was thinking just the same as you, Levii.
    Yes it's kind of absurd as the bridge is a link to Sydney's northern suburbs (and was intended as such), though i suppose ultimately by taking the bridge, the lane cove tunnel, the M2, the M7 and then the M4 you might arrive in the alleged GWS heartland. Though it's a bit of a stretch. battle of the M4 would make more sense, then again any engagement with the M4 is a battle.

Thought the boys ground out a tough win yesterday. A game we needed to have. Although we still have a few out with injury i reckon the Giants must be rueing having Cameron out through suspension. He could have been the difference today.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veterans List
    TV commentary - what a lot of crap chatter! Last week we heard every five seconds how tall Cripps is, it became absolutely infuriating, they couldn't stop saying it. This week we had the GWS cheer squad in the box cheering on the "young" GWS side who have grown before our eyes!

Give me a break, it was gut churning drivel. Most of these young players are in their FIFTH AFL season, they are not young players as such. Also in this "young" GWS side they have EIGHT players who have played over 100 games, FOUR of who have played over 200 games!

In fact, like last week against Carlton, the Swans may have fielded a less experienced team than "young" GWS. FFS commentators, do some basic research before constantly running off at the mouth.

Onto next week where for my sanity in this Crow infested city we must beat them. Hewett did almost nothing yesterday so he makes way for McVeigh or, if Macca is not ready, Rose must come in to reward his outstanding recent form.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Give me a break, it was gut churning drivel. Most of these young players are in their FIFTH AFL season, they are not young players as such. Also in this "young" GWS side they have EIGHT players who have played over 100 games, FOUR of who have played over 200 games!

In fact, like last week against Carlton, the Swans may have fielded a less experienced team than "young" GWS. FFS commentators, do some basic research before constantly running off at the mouth.
    I believe the GWS XXII yesterday had more games played experience than the Sydney XXII

Have become accustomed now to muting the sound when we are playing ,the level of biased commentary always against us and towards whoever we happen to be playing that week has forced my hand , it certainly saves on remotes as I was apt to throw them at the wall whenever the anti swans diatribe began. Having said all that we are a genuine contender despite having a few frailties mainly with our bombing it in going forward and being opened up the other way at times. I believe we have the best and deepest midfield of the competition if we can clean up in a few areas we are going to take some beating for the flag.

Veterans List
    TV commentary - what a lot of crap chatter! Last week we heard every five seconds how tall Cripps is, it became absolutely infuriating, they couldn't stop saying it. This week we had the GWS cheer squad in the box cheering on the "young" GWS side who have grown before our eyes!

Missed 7's Game Day wrap of our game, I'm sure it was brief, but did catch Nine's Footy Show, which summed up the game in about two minutes. It was pathetic! They did have a shortish interview with Hanners a bit later though, but overall, the Vic channels just don't care too much about anything north of the Vic border (or are too embarrassed to admit they're yet again wrong about us!).

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    In the meantime, what the hell is the matter with Stevie J? I know he is a bit of an arse, but.... the boys handled him well, they were laughing at him, which I suppose is why he got so distracted
    He is a sniping grub

Onto next week where for my sanity in this Crow infested city we must beat them. Hewett did almost nothing yesterday so he makes way for McVeigh or, if Macca is not ready, Rose must come in to reward his outstanding recent form.
    Yes, and don't forget round one's, 'Collingwood were losing mainly because of the drugs scandal'.

Pushing for Selection poundpuppy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Secondly, no-one is calling it Battle of the Bridge any more.
    I'm pretty sure I heard an announcer at the ground say it .... shocked me a bit.
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
    And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

www.paws.com.au

Senior Player
    Ive just finished watching the game on tv after being at the ground last night.

It was by far the toughest contest we've faced this year and I'm glad the guys came out on top. A good test. As far as hewett Heeney mills and Robinson go the gws players have seen a lot of them in the Neafl over the last few years so I think gws were better prepare for them than other teams will be. A great education for hewett against Heath shaw

I for one think we missed towers today and I am not convinced that mcglynn added much. We lacked the pace and extra target that towers has given us over the last two weeks. I also think it meant that hewett spent more time forward than the last two weeks again a structural loss

I was very pleased with Robbo. He played his best senior game I think and last looked very composed the last two weeks.

These guys are the future and we have to get the mix right

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast