Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 3 Match Day Thread Swans V GWS at the SCG 4.35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Great last quarter by Papley. He was in everything like pepper and salt. Won some vital possessions.
    Tippett is going great guns.
    Mitchell's last half was very good. Lifted when needed. As did McGlynn, but boy he is woeful at set shots.
    Kennedy is running into form nicely.
    Doesn't Ted straighten up the backline. They all played well in defence, and I include Jones because he does put on a lot of pressure. Just needs to be a bit smarter with and without the footy.
    Robinson was much better and harder today.
    Once again Cunningham went missing in the tough game. Looked timid in what contests he got to. I have Robinson in front of him now.
    Hewett was quiet, but will be better for the experience.
    The usual midfield was outstanding once again. Hanners must be racking up Brownlow votes.
    We won the centre clearances 8 to 1 in the second half, mainly due to the good work by Tippett.

Another top team effort.

Scully is a very good player but Patton is awfully slow.
    I reckon the umpiring has been pretty good this season.
    Kiss may beg to differ revumpires

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

Best again for rose

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    Kiss may beg to differ revumpires
    That 50m penalty against Jack was almost laughable. Just Notice Rose was just about BOG in the NEAFL Again. Its about 3 times in a row now. He must be included next week. Hewett, Cunningham and jones were all ordinary tonight. I believe GWS will be a very good side next year. It was a gutsy win tonight, just hope it does not take too much out of our legs for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    We will lose this game. Terrible footy.
    No we won't. Terrible prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Can someone tell me what the hit- out stats were, by player? I know they are listed somewhere but I've forgotten where and can't find them. It looked to me as if Tippett more than held his own against Mumford. Gee he was jumping high at centre bounces, and well-timed jumps at that. And Sinclair also did well.
    Yes, we won the hit outs 49 to 38, with Tippett 32, Mumford 30, Sinclair 16 and a few sundry third man ups.

Firstly, if I hear about a "delightful" kick or action one more time I'm going to throw up.
    Not sure which commentator it was.

Thought McGlynn played a pretty good game in a come back.

Our delivery into the forward line was generally crap today. Could have been a blow out.

Buddy strolling around the half back to midfield areas has to stop.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Mug Punter, i think of you expect giants to take less than 30 years to get to where the swans are you are judging them unfairly. Swans were ok when first arrived , then good under edelston then crap then good with locket. Then basically a run of nearly 20 years of finals contenders.

So far giants have been just crap. They will be good in time and after that we may judge them.
    It's unfair to judge the Giants against us because we weren't a start up, we are a continuation of South Melbourne. Sure we lost a few bloods supporters with the move but we respect our heritage and the number of Melbourne members and support at Melbourne games is testament to that.

They will come good on the field I have no doubt at all about that, I just think them being viable off the field is going to be a monumentally difficult effort and it will get very very uncomfortable for the AFL when they are winning flags (quite possibly as soon as 2018 in my book, and then there will be no stopping them) whilst still getting cut a life support cheque for $10 - 15M a year from the AFL.

I am indifferent about their future about their future to be honest. I thought they were a threat at first and now I think we can co-exist very well but them becoming relevant and a proper football club is a real challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

How good is grundy this year ?. He'd be the firm Backman of the comp. Even ted rolled back the clock although i reackon patten is way overated.
    Couldn't agree more

How good is grundy this year ?. He'd be the firm Backman of the comp.
    It's a rare occasion I agree with you Barry but I thought Reg was superb tonight. He'll feature strongly in my TLM votes this week.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    It's a rare occasion I agree with you Barry but I thought Reg was superb tonight. He'll feature strongly in my TLM votes this week.
    He's actually fine when he talks about football

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    I apologise. I very bad night for me. Sorry.

Firstly, I thought it was a high pressure, good quality game between two very strong teams. Mistakes were the result of very strong defence and no space. Probably another example of what it's like at the ground. I'm stunned reading some of the negativity on this thread. I can't believe we were watching the same game.

Secondly, no-one is calling it Battle of the Bridge any more. I didn't see it referred to as that once all week and the Swans' banner referred to it as Sydney Derby IX. Everything I've seen on Fox since I've been home have referred to it as that too.

Thirdly, what a brilliant ovation it was out half time for our retiring legends. It was such a pleasure to be out there. I loved it when some of the AusKick kiddies ran away from their game to hug Goodesy. My son was one of the AusKick umpires and he said that the noise from the crowd when Goodesy and Pykey went past the game he was doing was amazing.

I think both teams will make finals and should have successful seasons. I love the way we've changed things up this year and how we're approaching our footy. Long may it continue. Good on Parker for winning the medal but I thought Hanners was best on ground tonight. He had plenty of friends though.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Battle of the Bridge is a horrible name and needs to be changed

Anyone hear the crowd figure?
    The name was created to try draw a line between the Swans and the rest if Sydney.
    Funnily enough since the gw$ have joined the comp Swans membership has steadily gone up

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    The name was created to try draw a line between the Swans and the rest if Sydney.
    Funnily enough since the gw$ have joined the comp Swans membership has steadily gone up
    And the area GWS are meant to be cultivating they are woefully neglecting on a grassroots level, ask Campbelltown Football Club how they have benefitted from GWS's entry into our market and how they view the GWS sponsorship of Manly AFC (of all clubs)

They are a bunch of clowns

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast