Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 3 Match Day Thread Swans V GWS at the SCG 4.35pm.

The new guys still worked OK under pressure. Robinson looked good today. Our older guys have slowed a bit so I'm not sure what McGlynn added that Towers couldn't. Good to get what was a solid win really

I think the question of our defense holding up has been answered. Reg and co were excellent. Jonesy needs to control his temper and Kieren needs to stop giving away stupid 50's. We probably should have won by 40+.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Peter Bedford's wife died.
    Oh ???? Thank you. Sad news. Wheels is a gentleman. My condolences to the Bedford family

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Who are the black arm bands for?
    The black arm bands were for Peter Bedford's wife who passed away.

Great win today after being pressured the whole day. We needed a game like this to prepare us for the next couple of weeks.

Our backline stood up very well I thought. Would like to know how many marks we took in their 50.

I tore my hair out listening to that commentary...it was excruciating! I wish you could mute the commentators and just have the background noise.

For those that were at the game, how was the reception for Goodes and Pyke? We only got to see 10 seconds of it ????.

Fantastic win for our team. Sorry, guys, but I still hate Ch 7 and the way they showed this "derby" to us. Pathetic TV coverage even though it was taken from Foxtel.

It was a strange sort of game. I suppose if you just keep sending the ball in long, which usually is not such a bad idea at the SCG, you're going to depend on the ball bouncing your way often enough to outscore the other team. Horse probably thought Buddy and Tippo would out-muscle their smaller defenders and take a heap of marks inside 50, but it didn't quite work out that way. And we were caught napping on the rebound far too often. We didn't utilize the younger guys who were so prominent in the first 2 games. I like it better when we use all our players rather than put the onus on just the senior players and a single main tactic for scoring.

Battle of the Bridge is a horrible name and needs to be changed

Anyone hear the crowd figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Battle of the Bridge is a horrible name and needs to be changed

Anyone hear the crowd figure?
    According to the AFL, this is the official number: 37,045

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Boy that play by Papley on the half back line in the last quarter induces man love

The commentary was excruciatingly one sided. Annoying but also a great farce. GWS get an out of bounds on the full free in the first 30 seconds and one of the idiot commentators says 'this is a great start to the GWS.' This sort of rubbish happens every week.

Thought we ground them down. GWS played well and have a great developing midfield, but we just held the line with grit and determination. The forward entries are a worry but on this occasion it worked. Our newbies down on output of prior weeks - but still played ok. Zac Jones needs to pull his head in a bit. The whole raging bull thing is getting a bit tiresome and he needs to show more discipline.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    The new guys still worked OK under pressure. Robinson looked good today. Our older guys have slowed a bit so I'm not sure what McGlynn added that Towers couldn't. Good to get what was a solid win really
    Yes, I also thought that Robinson went well today. And of the other younger guys: Heeney and Mills again both showed glimpses of why they are going to be stars; while rookie-lister Papley possibly looked like he had been around for a bit longer, than most of their maturing round one picks.

Senior Player
    Sounds like one of those that looked a lot different on TV. My impression at the ground was a good arm wrestle for a half, then the stronger classier team came home.
    Great crowd and lots to enjoy. Highlights for me: Tippett's game again. How about that Papley 1-2 to Sinclair then kick to Tippett for the goal. Big goals from Bud.
    Not the prettiest game at times sure but hey, 3-0 and looking pretty good.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast