Last year we played poorly in many games that we won. We got by a few by determination alone. We were lucky to beat an Essendon side that barely trained. The sides we whacked. like PA and GC turned out to have very poor years. There weren't many turnarounds in form last year, except perhaps for Collingwood and Freo on the downside. WB were an early surprise, they beat us at the SCG playing the kind of footy they are playing this year, and continued their good form the rest of the season.

Our early form has taken everyone by surprise, albeit our opening win against Collingwood is looking to be one against a poor side that was jut pumped up by the Melbourne media pundits. The thing to like about the Swans is not so much that we are on top of the table, but that we are moving the ball so well and doing it every quarter. We are not having lapses. And furthermore, we've been doing it with a bevy of inexperience players.

The Swans have been a consistent team over the years and I am taking our early form a good sign for the year. I've definitely changed my outlook base on these 1st 3 games. Of course, we have to go on with it and continue to produce on the field. We have another opportunity this week.