Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 4 V Adelaide.

Quote Originally Posted by churry View Post
    Forget those two... Betts is this next game!!!
    agree Churry

But i think its a fair point that if Mills and Jones are a strong option for the last 3 weeks and next game and they have big upside to be another level above in talent come finals time that is a very important ingredient also

we found our match ups very very difficult on the small forwards of the Hawks................and the Hawks are still the benchmark come finals time right now

to take Bruest, Cyril and Poppa we need more then Nick Smith Or Rampe
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    They've been waiting for this. I don't blame them either, if the boot was on the other foot we'd be doing the same.
    No we wouldn't - well some of us wouldn't. We don't boo Malceski and I don't think we will boo Jetta (certainly I hope not).

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    I think the Crows fans will be over it by now.
    No, they're not. They are a vengeful lot.

its Poppy not Poppa

There's a whole thread on the Crows BF page dedicated to how they're going to boo Tippett and Dangerfield. They can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Towers suits the bigger grounds away from the SCG. Wouldn't sprue me if he is recalled. Id think mcveigh woukd need a run in the 2s first
    Adelaide is a bit longer but the SCG is actually the larger ground, albeit very marginally.

Hard to predict the changes for this week. Hewett had low numbers but I thought he ran hard and played his role quite well. McGlynn's first half was filthy and it looked like he'd be straight back out to the magoos, but his second half was an improvement. I'm still not sold on McGlynn holding a spot in the team long term, as his pace is down and his disposal is below average. Unless they have genuine sorness/injuries, I definitely don't think we should be resting players just for the sake of it.

Veterans List
    Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but at least it's current. Interesting comment after the game from Giants coach Leon Cameron, ��Those that wrote off the Swans at the start of the year jumped the gun. They�re a top-four team, no doubt about that,�� Cameron said. Well.......the Vic press just never learn, do they?? Let's hope we can back this up on the weekend. Go Swans!!

To be fair to the press, I think most of us were unsure on how we'd go this year. I didn't see too many on here declaring us a top 4 team during the pre-season. Most were off the bandwagon after a few meaningless practice matches.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    To be fair to the press, I think most of us were unsure on how we'd go this year. I didn't see too many on here declaring us a top 4 team during the pre-season. Most were off the bandwagon after a few meaningless practice matches.
    I always had us making the finals, but it's still nice to 'shove it' up the doubters/haters south of the border!!

Veteran Site Admin
    And there's still a long way to go. We've not yet beaten anyone highly likely to make the finals. GWS are a chance but they'll be battling for the last spot, I suspect. The Pies were media darlings at the start of the season, based on pre-season form, but would take a major form reversal to be a contender now. They do have injuries to important players and might improve if they get some back. But Swan and Elliott are longish term outs, so Sidebottom and Varcoe are really the only two missing players who might help them pick up their form in the near future.

We'll have a much better idea of where we sit in a fortnight's time, with two tough games coming up. We need to win at least one to show we are credible top 4 contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    There was a lot of uncertainty covering many areas coming into this season. I wasn't expecting much and saw this as a development year. But Buddy, KJ and Ted seem back to their usual form and most of the other regulars are playing around their best footy. Parker has taken his game to a new level. So has Tom Mitchell.

But the biggest surprise has been just how well all the younger players have done. Who would have thought Papley would be a star in the senior side? There was some shock at Dan Robinson's inclusion in the side after an ordinary NAB Challenge, but he's been playing great, shows plenty of skill and quick thinking. And when you see the progress of player like Jake Lloyd, we shouldn't be surprised if Robbo finds a regular place in the seniors as well. Hard to see how they all fit in, but it's a good problem to have.

Credit should be given to those working behind the scenes drafting and developing these young players. Clubs like Collingwood get raves about all the stars they've recruited and the Swans get talked about all the stars they've lost, but the proof takes place on the footy field.

The Western Bulldogs rapid rise to be among the best teams breaks the conventional wisdom about the making of a good team. You never know where a player will show up during the progress of play. Positions don't seem to mean all that much. They repair their structure on the go. They also have a lot of little guys running around, but they all go in hard. Every player attacks the ball like a Luke Parker. I'm sure this hasn't been lost on Longmire.

If our Fab Five midfield stays on top we should get the win in Adelaide. We seem to play well against them. I think they have a very good side, even without Dangerfield. Their forward line is particularly dangerous and you don't want the ball getting down there too often. Eddie Betts has a poor record against the Swans. I know who we can thank for that. We also should match up well against Walker, Jenkins and Lynch, but all are in good touch and will be difficult assignments. Team defence will be a key. I think we will be looking to get Macca into the defensive mix if he's ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    There's a whole thread on the Crows BF page dedicated to how they're going to boo Tippett and Dangerfield. They can't wait!
    If Tippett has a game like he did last year against them at the SCG, I'm going to enjoy the constant din of boos at a Sydney game for once.

We've only won two home games (which ww should win anyway) and one away against carlton.
    Even adelaide is not a real test yet. Weve had a soft draw.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast