Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 4 V Adelaide.

Deffo think Jones should and will stay. Hope they give Mcveigh a run in the 2s

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    ... Jones provides a different lens on the game genuine aggression a component we need. We have too many nice players, we need some mongrel in the back line ....
    I think Laidler provides a bit of the agro needed. He always seems to be niggling someone.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I think Laidler provides a bit of the agro needed. He always seems to be niggling someone.
    Unfortunately, and despite the sanitising moves of the AFL, I think there is still a role for an enforcer or two; it is one thing we lacked in the 2014 GF. My impression is that the Jones boy and Laids between them have it covered.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

With Adelaide having Jenkins, Lynch and Walker we will need 3 genuine talls - Richards, Grundy and (I suppose Laidler) leaving Rampe as the loose man and Smith on Betts.

I think I would prefer Mills and Jones to bring the ball out rather than McVeigh

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    With Adelaide having Jenkins, Lynch and Walker we will need 3 genuine talls - Richards, Grundy and (I suppose Laidler) leaving Rampe as the loose man and Smith on Betts.

I think I would prefer Mills and Jones to bring the ball out rather than McVeigh
    Also Mitch McGovern as 4th tall

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    I look at the game from the weekend and all the media comments about how clarkson handled Sicily after the geelong game.

Hewitt played important roles in both the previous games and although he was quiet in the GWS match he will learn a great deal especially he has the confidence to know that one bad game does automatically relegate him to the NEAFL where he learns nothing.

Jones provides a different lens on the game genuine aggression a component we need. We have too many nice players, we need some mongrel in the back line especially when we have a real youngster like Mills being targeted as he has been.

I am loathe to react and would rather we allow the recent additions to grow into the team.
    Totally agree with this. I really want to see how our rookies go in a big game in hostile territory...We'll learn plenty about them.

I'm surprised they are contemplating McVeigh with no matches under his belt for more than 6 months. Surely a 1 or 2 games in the 2's would make sense.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post

I think we need someone who can carry the ball other than Rampe, and that isn't going to be McVeigh but I'm not sure it's Mills either.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Totally agree with this. I really want to see how our rookies go in a big game in hostile territory...We'll learn plenty about them.

I'm surprised they are contemplating McVeigh with no matches under his belt for more than 6 months. Surely a 1 or 2 games in the 2's would make sense.
    Our game plan for the day wasn't conducive for our rookie forwards to shine. First we had Papley, Heeney and Hewett were all well held by Shaw and had trouble containing his influence. But that happens even to the most experienced forwards. All did some nice things when outside the forward 50, although Hewett saw little time there. I would have preferred to see the more experienced McGlynn given the job of curbing Shaw's influence. I understand that the game was closer than the previous 2 and our star players took the responsibility for securing the game. But I don't think this should reflect poorly on the rookies, as they didn't make any glaring errors, only had less of the ball and influence on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I think we need someone who can carry the ball other than Rampe, and that isn't going to be McVeigh but I'm not sure it's Mills either.
    I think it will end up being Rohan.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Just bought a ticket online! Where abouts is everyone else sitting? I'm section 134 in 'East Stand Level 1'
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Just bought a ticket online! Where abouts is everyone else sitting? I'm section 134 in 'East Stand Level 1'
    Flying down on Friday and sitting in Section 327...going to be massive! Go Swans!
    Swannies for life!

544 for me. Top deck, Row C, I think it's the 'Gavin Wanganeen Stand' section of that stand with about 8 names...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

In which bay are those who bought through the club sitting?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast