Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 4 V Adelaide.

Changes for Rnd 4 V Adelaide.

Rose deserves a game and Towers was good in the ressies. Will Macca be ready this week? I'm not sure I want to drop anyone though.....maybe Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Rose deserves a game and Towers was good in the ressies. Will Macca be ready this week? I'm not sure I want to drop anyone though.....
    If Macca is fit then I'd say probably Robbo but he would be very unlucky. If he is not then I'd say no changes

Let Rose continue to gain confidence in the Twos. If Hewett has another below par game then I'd consider Rose as a swap but for his development and confidence I wouldn't drop him after tonight.

Assuming Reid comes in for Hewett, then below our best 22 we have three very good players in Towers, Robbo and Hewett ready to come back in as required. We'll get injuries unfortunately so they'll get their chances.

Outs - Papley and Mills

Ins - McVeigh and Towers

I don't think it would be prudent to wear out 1st year players on the Adelaide Oval. They have had three tough games. Time for a general soreness break.

I would give Hewitt a break as well but deserves the reward of playing in front of his family in Adelaide.

Hewitt and Heeney can have their break in round 5 and be replaced by a fresh Papley and Mills.

No change
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    Outs - Papley and Mills

Ins - McVeigh and Towers

I don't think it would be prudent to wear out 1st year players on the Adelaide Oval. They have had three tough games. Time for a general soreness break.

I would give Hewitt a break as well but deserves the reward of playing in front of his family in Adelaide.

Hewitt and Heeney can have their break in round 5 and be replaced by a fresh Papley and Mills.
    Reckon McVeigh is the only certain in at this stage if fit. Not sure about general soreness breaks after only three rounds, I'd just purely on form at this stage. If anything I think dropping them after three games would be a confidence killer.

Like others have said, no change unless Mcveigh is fit - hard to say who would make way for him though out of potentially Robbo, Hewett, Jones.

Hewitt had a grand total of 3 possies. He's the one most likely to go for Macca.

Whoever we pick the Crows will need to bring their A Game next week to knock us off, I am just loving the way we are playing our footy at the moment

- - - Updated - - -

Hewitt had a grand total of 3 possies. He's the one most likely to go for Macca.
    Sheez, I knew he was quiet but not *that* quiet. Having said that he had one of the best in the business on him

As a coach do you drop him and potentially gut his confidence or do you give him a second chance and a show of faith? As a rookie who has looked good so far I'd say the latter

Disposal is not the only criteria for judging performance. Hewett actually played a near flawless game. His primary role was to close down the fat side of the field on the Giants rebound, which he did quite well. He only had 51% TOG, which partially explains his low stats. He had 4 tackles and took possession of the ball a number of times in tight situations leading to a forward stoppage, which was the best outcome in the circumstances. Hewett was given very little opportunity up the ground, as the instructions seemed to be to kick to Buddy and Tippo at every opportunity. All the less experienced players, Cunningham, Jones, Robbo, Heeney, etc.were down in possessions from previous games. It was just due to the nature of our play.

There was a passage of play in the second half where Hewett stopped the ball from going out of bounds in our defensive 50, dummied Callan Ward to get a long kick down the sideline to Robbo, who ran past 2 Giants and kicked a long pass to Buddy who kicked the goal. It was one of our best passages of play of the night. We didn't do much of that during the game, i.e. trusting our younger players to move the ball through the centre. They all have good skills and, perhaps with exception of Jones, make very good decisions with ball in hand.

We've got a good inside game, but I would prefer that we utilise our younger players more through the midfield. It's hard to judge the Giants game as they are a better opposition than Collingwood and Carlton.

My initial feeling is that when Macca returns he comes in for Jones, but anyone going out of the side would be unlucky.

Towers suits the bigger grounds away from the SCG. Wouldn't sprue me if he is recalled. Id think mcveigh woukd need a run in the 2s first

Veterans List
    Rose for Cunningham.

Great post Ludwig. Hewett ran past me several times doing a great job trying to shut down the outside run of GWS. It was a thankless task but he stuck at it manfully.
    I'd think Macca would need a run in the reserves first too.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast