Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LUKE "manchild" PARKER

LUKE "manchild" PARKER

Seriously do we as supporters know how good this guy is ?

He is putting in Nat Fyfe 2015 performances right now....... i mean from stepping, fakes, tap ons in traffic, up there marks and goals

Luke Parker is a match up no indv can take on right now

Friends who support other teams reckon he is a 10 out of 10 !!!!

Parker is ELITE !!!

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

He would get more recognition had Danger stayed in adelaide... With Gaz in GC and Judd gone they had no one to pump up until Danger came along. Afl media is blind to everything outside victoria

Parker is a Gun and for pick 40 (I can never get over that 39 players were selected before him)

Another player that doesn't get much recognition Robbie Gray my opinion almost as good as Fyfe and Gaz

Fyfe and gaz play outside victoria

Veterans List
    I love Parker ????. When he goes for marks it is like he is floating on air the way he stays up there for so long. It is a delight to watch him play live.

Parker is great but i have yet to see him win a game singlehandedly like Dangerfield or fyfe does. Until then he isn't elite.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Parker is great but i have yet to see him win a game singlehandedly like Dangerfield or fyfe does. Until then he isn't elite.
    You can have Dangerfield and Fyfe. In the whole league, the only player I would rate ahead of the Lukemobile as someone I'd pick first to wear red and white is GA.

Through my (admittedly bias) eyes, Buddy is third.

I tend to agree he is just a fraction below Fyfe, Dangerfield and Ablett at this stage but jeez he is not far below and he is still improving as he is only 23. Personally I'd value someone like him that is consistent and rarely has a bad game to a bloke like Ablett who can go missing and turn on his teammates when the going gets tough.

His all round game is right up there with those guys and at the moment you'd have to say if he continues this form he'll win the Brownlow in a canter.

And I am mighty mighty relieved he has resigned a long term deal.

Please use a hyphen in 're-signed'. 'Resigned' always makes me nervous until I do a second read!

Veteran Site Admin
    No-one wins games entirely themselves. Not even Fyfe, Dangerfield or Ablett. Maybe key forwards sometimes come close, though of course they never do it entirely themselves.

Parker's game against Geelong last year was as dominant as anything I've seen Dangerfield produce. He's not quite up there with the very best yet but he's getting close to the Selwood, Pendlebury, Kennedy standard (though has to produce this kind of form over multiple seasons to earn the right to be considered in their company).

I don't completely disagree but I think he plays more inside than they do, so it's not an entirely fair comparison. I take your point though.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

If he keeps this form up for the rest of the season I suspect he will poll rather well on the Monday night before the GF. After such a horrible injury last year who would have expected he would come back even better. Yeah I am a fan. Elite is a term that gets bandied about rather freely. The pleasing to me is that he is improving each week and is looking like a very complete player.

Veterans List
    Just put this up on the match day thread, then noticed this thread, so here goes. This was in the 'Sliding doors' article by Damien Barrett on afl.com.au, "If.........Parker played for, say, Collingwood ............. he'd be lauded as a Selwood rolled into a Mitchell rolled into a Dangerfield rolled into a Swan-type of player. Pound for pound, could make a case that he is the most complete midfielder in the comp." True!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast