Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LUKE "manchild" PARKER

I agree with Barry that Parker's not quite at Fyfe and Dangerfield levels, though very, very close and probably more consistent than those guys. Consistency is highly underrated and that's something I believe Parker has.

The guy can do it all.

Like others have said, pick 40. 9 best and fairests in a row at junior level. Go to 3:20 for the best and fairest mention.

Thanks for posting that video BB. Wow, Luke's junior record was amazing.

On a side note, Luke's junior football club, Langwarrin, has 30 sides across all age groups this season. I'd expect more AFL players to come from this club in the future.

I agree that Parker is elite but he is not yet in the "very top class of midfielders" in the competition.

The "very top class of midfielders" include:

Ablett, Pendebury, Hodge, Mitchell, Selwood, Dangerfield and Fyfe.

Parker is the "elite category with:

Priddis, Mundy, Boak, Gray, Sloan, Cripps, Murphy, Kennedy, Jordan Lewis, Hannenbury, Dylan Shiel, Griffin, Jobe Watson.

The beauty for the Swans id that they have Parker, Kennedy and Hannenbury all in the elite class of midfielders.

.... and he's such a nice bloke.

I fell in love with Parks when he was assigned to our table for trivia quite a few years ago. Knows absolutely nothing about anything, but is a very funny lad.

I saw him after the game last Saturday night... and checked his pecs.
    At the beginning of last year, he got a set on special in the David Jones after christmas sales. (His girlfriend told me to shut up because he'll get a big head and she has to live with him!)
    They were a little softer than they were last year.
    Must've missed the sales this year.
    He lost it when I told him that.

Luke Shannon... you're dreaming son.
    Parks is very top class... along with Hanners and Joey. You just don't know it yet.
    Last edited by AnnieH; 13th April 2016 at 12:18 PM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    .... and he's such a nice bloke.

I fell in love with Parks when he was assigned to our table for trivia quite a few years ago. Knows absolutely nothing about anything, but is a very funny lad.

I saw him after the game last Saturday night... and checked his pecs.
    At the beginning of last year, he got a set on special in the David Jones after christmas sales. (His girlfriend told me to shut up because he'll get a big head and she has to live with him!)
    They were a little softer than they were last year.
    Must've missed the sales this year.
    He lost it when I told him that.

Luke Shannon... you're dreaming son.
    Parks is very top class... along with Hanners and Joey. You just don't know it yet.
    If he wins premierships for us he can be as dumb as he wants for all I care.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12