Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Other Teams and Games

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Pretty sickening to see a close game go hawthorns way, for the third week in a row, with some fairly pathetic umpiring decisions involved.
    My thoughts too. Even Carey and co were a bit lost for words on how to respond to the win. While they played well, the Hawks yet again were gifted a game that was not there's.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

On a side note - great to go to a game of footy ( particularly for a Melbourne blood coming into state) and have a good win. But more so great to be able to have a beer with west coast supporters after and have them be gracious in defeat. That's what footy is all about. Hawthorn supporters need to take note!!!

Coincidence that when Kirk leaves Freo they turn to crap whereas the swans are looking a million bucks?

I think not!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Coincidence that when Kirk leaves Freo they turn to crap whereas the swans are looking a million bucks?

I think not!

If so ,then Kirky would be the recruit of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Unfortunately, yes
    I instantly start to worry that what Kirk is bringing to the table are not a deep rooted skill set and will dissipate as soon as he is no longer around to oversee them and guide them.
    But I don;t think that either.
    As you said, just a coincidence.
    I dare say he would have some great stories about how poorly some aspects of the Freo training and culture hold up. Possibly the reason he jumped ship.
    Bet his considering it his best career move to date
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Instead of Eddie trying to destroy us he should have concentrated on the Giants. That can still come.
    They just destroyed the Hawks. Boy are they going to be a monster in the coming years.

I will barrack for the Giants against all other teams (except us) as it would be great for NSW footy.

Yes the size and ease of the GWS win was frightening. It has been a very very humid and unpleasant day here in Sydney which I think was one factor as Hawthorn seemed to be physically spent by the combination of the effort spent in winning three games in a row by 3 points + the energy-sapping weather today. (Just walking around the city wore me out.) But GWS were extraordinarily good.

The giants were scarily very good. I wasn't surprised by the result as the Hawks have only got out of jail in the previous 3 matches and I thought, that in those games, it showed that they can be beaten by quick ball and foot movement with players running in waves from defense. Of course having tall forwards who can mark is also a bonus. Some of their older players are starting to look slow.

Yeah, I've seen this in GWS. I picked them yesterday.
    Can only hope the Hawks are heading the way of Brisbane after their domination
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Instead of Eddie trying to destroy us he should have concentrated on the Giants. That can still come.
    They just destroyed the Hawks. Boy are they going to be a monster in the coming years.

I will barrack for the Giants against all other teams (except us) as it would be great for NSW footy.
    I�m finding the whole experiment quite fascinating. The Giants seem to have played their cards much more wisely than the Suns (though admittedly the Suns have been seriously cruelled by injuries). I was interested to see what would happen first, Giants success, or diminishing results due to players now starting to come off contract. The following all spent time with the Giants: Adams, Bruce, Frost, Tyson, Myles, Treloar, Phillips, Townsend, Lamb, Hampton, Boyd, O�Rourke, Jaksch, Hombsch (off the top of my head) and are now with other clubs. Some handy talent, yet the team they are fielding at the moment are delivering pretty solid results without them.

Looking forward to the first all-Sydney GF, and how daft does Adam Treloar�s decision look now? Fancy sweating over who had the best list � Richmond or Collingwood? GWS would towel a combined Richmond � Collingwood team at the moment. He could have stayed put and played finals. What a duffer!
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

I have a curious question about a strange event I saw during the GWS vs Hawthorn game. I've noticed that Rhys Palmer took some sort of pill or supplement and flush it down with a drink after he kicked a goal in 3rd quarter (16:05 minute mark). What kind of supplements would they be taking during the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    I have a curious question about a strange event I saw during the GWS vs Hawthorn game. I've noticed that Rhys Palmer took some sort of pill or supplement and flush it down with a drink after he kicked a goal in 3rd quarter (16:05 minute mark). What kind of supplements would they be taking during the game?
    No Doz?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast