Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Other Teams and Games

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Does the SCG show the 30 second count down clock on the screen when a player is having a shot? It is shown at the MCG and Etihad.
    No, not at SCG - unless I was so absorbed in the play I didn't see it on the screen?

Don't think it is at the Gabba either.

On the Rookie List
    Does anyone else find it odd that they use the clock in some venues and not others? Would think you should be doing the same thing in every venue.

On a similar topic, the AFL should really standardize the views available for goalline reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyCaper View Post

On a similar topic, the AFL should really standardize the views available for goalline reviews!
    Absolutely amazing that they don't.
    Makes them look armature hour
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    No, not at SCG - unless I was so absorbed in the play I didn't see it on the screen?

Don't think it is at the Gabba either.
    I think I saw the countdown clock at the SCG on the big screen in the left hand lower corner. Not a big display like Etihad but I could be wong.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Absolutely amazing that they don't.
    Makes them look armature hour
    Very witty!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyCaper View Post
    Does anyone else find it odd that they use the clock in some venues and not others? Would think you should be doing the same thing in every venue.

I can't believe they don't have the cameras on the goal posts at every ground. As we saw last week they aren't at the Gabba and my brother said they aren't at Geelong either. It really is unprofessional.

The AFL's excuse is that there is no money in the budget for more cameras. It was reported on Sunday that it would cost up to $15,000 to install cameras at a venue and $1,000 for them to be used each round. That is peanuts when you consider the millions they make. So much for equalisation!

Senior Player
    Moving on to this week: just saw the Jonas elbow on Gaff that everyone is talking about after the Port v WC game. Jonas is going to be in a world of trouble:

AFL 2016 round 9: Tom Jonas knocks out Andrew Gaff - KO's with elbow to the head (Full) - YouTube

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Moving on to this week: just saw the Jonas elbow on Gaff that everyone is talking about after the Port v WC game. Jonas is going to be in a world of trouble:

AFL 2016 round 9: Tom Jonas knocks out Andrew Gaff - KO's with elbow to the head (Full) - YouTube
    That does look pretty bad, although I'm not sure he meant to actually whack him in the head- it looked like a standard "make him earn it" that was a bit sloppy.

I know that people regularly lament the lack of rough stuff in modern footy, but I feel like there's been a bit of an increase this season in that kind of "make sure to leave some bruises" mentality.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watching the Giants @ Crows game from last night and it struck me that I've seen a few games this season now played at Adelaide Oval where the umpires seem genuinely intimidated by the crowd and every 50/50 call has gone the way of the home crowd.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Watching the Giants @ Crows game from last night and it struck me that I've seen a few games this season now played at Adelaide Oval where the umpires seem genuinely intimidated by the crowd and every 50/50 call has gone the way of the home crowd.
    Adelaide are so hot and cold this year. I think the giants lack of fit defenders is starting to show. I think it was a defeat the giants needed.

All this BS about the giants being a dynasty and they are taking to a bottom of the eight finish.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Carlton's continued improvement is starting to produce a lot of wraps for Bolton, and deservedly so.

Suprisingly quiet in the media though about the elephant in the room. How badly did Malthouse serve that football club? Ran the team and the admin into the grund...everything was about the culture of promoting Mick.

Most importantly, his old fashioned, out of date coaching stylejust about destroyed the playing group.

I don't think he'll be welcomed at many Carlton reunions.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Carlton's continued improvement is starting to produce a lot of wraps for Bolton, and deservedly so.

Suprisingly quiet in the media though about the elephant in the room. How badly did Malthouse serve that football club? Ran the team and the admin into the grund...everything was about the culture of promoting Mick.

Most importantly, his old fashioned, out of date coaching stylejust about destroyed the playing group.

I don't think he'll be welcomed at many Carlton reunions.
    Bolton has done a great job turning that team around. I always thought that Carlton's problems were much deeper than their coaching staff i.e. a major cultural problem/lack of vision/poor support stemming from their financial issues. Two wooden spoons in 05 and 06 plus a second last in 07 gave them three number 1 draft picks (Murphy, Gibbs and Kruezer) plus a host of first round picks, yet none of their three (or four if you include Barker) coaches could make that work. Perhaps I was wrong or perhaps more than just the coach has changed this time.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast