Thread: Luffy's humungous milestone!

Luffy's humungous milestone!

You are not going to believe this, but Luffy is playing his - wait for it - 500th senior game this weekend.

I know. Its not credible. This is what he wrote in his Facebook page

After almost 30 years of playing senior football, tomorrows match will be my 500th game so I put together a pic from start to now (yes you may laugh at the mullet!). It all started as a 17 year old for the Nelson Bay Marlins, 12 years at the Sydney Swans and another 15 years playing Sydney footy with both the UNSW Bulldogs and the Balmain Tigers. It�s been a great journey that is still continuing with so many awesome memories that will stay with me forever. I wanted to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their continued support over 3 decades. To my family especially my parents, grandparents and kids, to my partners and all my friends, my coaches, the 1000�s of players I've taken to the field with, the medical and support staff for keeping the body going and the general supporters, I thank you all. Let�s hope for a win and have a great night celebrating it!!

Luffy 13323329_747361918734060_4337541144293712651_o.jpg
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks Primmy. A remarkable man - glad he got to have his "own" medal.

And yes, the mullet...
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Just had to check: born 22/11/1969. So he's still running around at 46. Will he still be going at 50?

Boomer is still a boy lol
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Just had to check: born 22/11/1969. So he's still running around at 46. Will he still be going at 50?
    I don't think so, but he is giving it a red hot crack. I was telling him to retire four years ago!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Pushing for Selection
    Ended in an 80 odd point win, with the big fella slotting through 3 goals

Showoff

Play another 500 Luffy .... You are amazing . Keep going until you win a Premiership . You can do it .