Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Other Teams and Games

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Carlton's continued improvement is starting to produce a lot of wraps for Bolton, and deservedly so.

Suprisingly quiet in the media though about the elephant in the room. How badly did Malthouse serve that football club? Ran the team and the admin into the grund...everything was about the culture of promoting Mick.

Most importantly, his old fashioned, out of date coaching stylejust about destroyed the playing group.

I don't think he'll be welcomed at many Carlton reunions.
    spot on RB42. Last nights AFL360 was discussing Bolton and there was a perfect opportunity to question the legacy of Malthouse, but for some reason he's immune from any serious examination by the media.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    I think I saw the countdown clock at the SCG on the big screen in the left hand lower corner. Not a big display like Etihad but I could be wong.
    I saw it on the big screen at the North game. Like you said, lower-left and easy to miss, the numbers are not very big.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Adelaide are so hot and cold this year. I think the giants lack of fit defenders is starting to show. I think it was a defeat the giants needed.
    Agreed, a bit of a lesson for GWS. An attacking team that's fun to watch, but the weak defence was obvious in that game.

I'd also say anyone who loves the game must have enjoyed that Betts goal!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    How badly did Malthouse serve that football club?
    Let's see what the charts say

Exhibit A: percentages in games coached by Ratten versus Malthouse.

blues.png

Exhibit B: wins, losses and draws 2007 (when Ratten took over) to 2015 (when Malthouse left).

blues_results.png

I think Ratten was judged unfairly on the basis of a poorer-than-expected 2012. Did Malthouse simply preside over a decline that started in 2012, or actively make it worse? We'll never know what a Ratten 2013 would have looked like.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456