Thread: Roughead melanoma

Senior Player

Roughead melanoma

Just read that Roughead's melanoma has returned. All the best to him.

Hawthorn star Jarryd Roughead's skin cancer returns

Sorry to hear this and I hope he makes a full recovery.
    On the football side his prolonged absence will make it very difficult for the Hawks to get the 4th Premiership this year and I don't think that they will do it.

Reported that Hawks supporters to show support for Roughie at the 2 minute mark of the 2nd quarter.
    It seems that our support at the 7 minute mark of the 3rd quarter (for #37) is catching on.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Just read that Roughead's melanoma has returned. All the best to him.

Hawthorn star Jarryd Roughead's skin cancer returns
    I hope I am wrong but I feel sick in the stomach about this because I think this is very very serious and I think he is facing a desperate fight for life.

To imagine such a likable and impressive young man facing what he is about to face, it just makes Friday night seem very insignificant.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Saddened by this. One Hawk I have a soft spot for.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Have just watched 'That's good for footy' panel show on Aurora, although it was from May 4 (before round 7) and they had Jarryd Roughhead and Jordan Lewis on.
    This was obviously before the big 'C' diagnosis for Jarryd and he was talking about his return to football.
    So sad.

Chillin' with the strange Quarks