Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 52

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 3 - April 16-17

  1. #1
    Almost Football Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bay 7 / Aisle 106
    Posts
    2,665

    RWO Game Day Thread - Round 3 - April 16-17

    Saturday 16th April

    Harrington Park
    9:00 Camden Cats v Nor-West Division Five
    11:00 Camden Cats v Manly Warringah U19s Division One
    13:00 Camden Cats v North Shore Bombers Division Four
    15:00 Camden Cats v North Shore Bombers Division Two

    Monarch Oval
    12:00 Campbelltown Blues v Balmain Tigers Division Five
    14:00 Campbelltown Blues v Balmain Tigers Division Three

    Kanebridge Oval
    10:00 East Coast Eagles v Wollondilly Division Three
    12:00 East Coast Eagles v Sydney University (Clash) U19 Division One
    14:00 East Coast Eagles v North Shore Bombers Premier Division
    16:45 East Coast Eagles v Holroyd Parramatta (Clash) Division One

    Bensons Lane
    14:10 Nor-West Jets v Penrith Rams Division Three

    Mike Kenny Oval 1
    11:00 Pennant Hills Demons v Holroyd Parramatta Division Three
    13:00 Pennant Hills Demons v Macquarie University Division One
    15:00 Pennant Hills Demons v Manly Warringah Premier Division
    17:00 Pennant Hills Demons v UNSW/ES U19 Division One

    Mike Kenny Oval 2
    15:00 Pennant Hills Demons v Macquarie University Division Five

    Greygums Oval
    10:00 Penrith Rams v Holroyd Parramatta Division Five

    Pioneers Park
    11:40 Randwick City Saints v Manly Warringah Division Four
    14:10 Randwick City Saints v Sydney University Division Two

    North Dalton Park
    18:15 South Coast Thunder v North Shore Bombers U19 Division One

    Rosedale Park
    10:00 South West Sydney v UNSW/ES Bulldogs Division Five
    12:00 South West Sydney v UNSW/ES Bulldogs Division Four
    14:10 South West Sydney v UNSW/ES Bulldogs Division Two

    Olds Park
    10:00 St George v Macquarie University Division Four
    12:00 St George v Balmain Tigers Division One
    14:00 St George v Western Suburbs Premier Division

    Trumper Oval
    8:30 UTS Bats v Manly Warringah Division Two
    12:30 UTS Bats v Sydney University Division One
    14:40 UTS Bats v Sydney University Premier Division

    Waverley Oval
    8:30 UTS Bats v Sydney University Division Five
    10:30 UTS Bats v Sydney University Division Four

    Blacktown ISP 2
    12:00 Western Magic v Southern Power Division Four
    14:00 Western Magic v Southern Power Division One

    Sunday 17th April

    Picken Oval
    14:00 Western Suburbs v Penrith Rams Division Two


    The womens draws will be forwarded shortly and added to this schedule when I've got them.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 12th April 2016 at 08:36 PM.
    Australian Football. It's what makes our country great.

    My thoughts on footy, sport, current events and life in snippets of 140 characters or less - @tealfooty

  2. #2
    Almost Football Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bay 7 / Aisle 106
    Posts
    2,665
    Quite a boilover at Bruce Purser today. Was it a one off or is North Shore a club on the way up?

  3. #3
    Wonderful day at Trumper Park. UTS Bats ladies day and some absorbing football throughout the day.

    Manly took out the Division 2 game at 8.30am by 20 points. UTS were happy with their endevour against a strong Manly side.

    The 10.30am game featured the season opener for the UTS Shamrocks (women's side) who defeated UNSW East Sydney by a significant margin. It was brilliant to see the respect and admiration that the UTS female players and male players had for each other. It looks to be a highly successful merger which is evidenced by the fact that a number of Shamrocks sit on the joint committee of the Bats and Shamrocks.

    The division one game between the Bats and Sydney Uni was a thriller. The lead changed many times with Sydney Uni taking the 4th quarter lead. The game came down to the last play with UTS having a late 50 metre shot that was touched on the goal line. If it had sailed through it would have been a draw. The siren sounded 5 seconds later.

    The Premier Division game was a tough affair on the compact Trumper ground. Tackling was brilliant from both sides with the lead changing hands repeatably in the 3rd quarter. The Bats broke away in the 4th quarter and hung on for an important victory.

    The victory delighted the large Bats crowd who were slightly distracted by the pumping music and delights around them.

    A great day at Trumper!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Quite a boilover at Bruce Purser today. Was it a one off or is North Shore a club on the way up?
    Please someone give an update on this...... surely no one saw this coming.

  5. #5
    Tough opening round for the Women's Premier Division Com. 3 games played with the winning teams scoring 359 points in total to their opponents 3 points.

    Yep, a surprise result for East Coast, who had a wipeout day. Wiped almost all for a perfect round in the tipping comps (including NorthShoreAngel)I would imagine

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    A great day at Trumper!
    From all reports it was an enjoyable day down at Trumper despite the result. Shame about the unpleasantness at Waverley earlier in the day. Your Divison 4 side has a number of blokes who need to take a good long hard look at themselves. The incident that resulted in a Uni player ending up with a badly fractured arm was an absolute disgrace and the bloke who concussed one of our on-ballers in the first couple of minutes of play with a cheap shot from behind should be ashamed of himself. Frankly I expected better from a footy club like UTS.

  7. #7
    Well retired, still sore Pekay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In The Goalsquare
    Posts
    2,029
    Well, this should result in some spin the likes of Warne and Turnbull would be proud of.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Tough opening round for the Women's Premier Division Com. 3 games played with the winning teams scoring 359 points in total to their opponents 33 points.

    Yep, a surprise result for East Coast, who had a wipeout day. Wiped almost all for a perfect round in the tipping comps (including NorthShoreAngel)I would imagine
    Unable to edit the above post. Should read "to their opponents 33 points"

  9. #9
    Almost Football Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bay 7 / Aisle 106
    Posts
    2,665
    This week's RWO Wrap of the weekend action is (belatedly) now online. Sorry about the delay, didn't get back from Canberra until late last night and then my computer was playing up - had to take the files in to work this morning.
    Australian Football. It's what makes our country great.

    My thoughts on footy, sport, current events and life in snippets of 140 characters or less - @tealfooty

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    Your Divison 4 side has a number of blokes who need to take a good long hard look at themselves. The incident that resulted in a Uni player ending up with a badly fractured arm was an absolute disgrace and the bloke who concussed one of our on-ballers in the first couple of minutes of play with a cheap shot from behind should be ashamed of himself. Frankly I expected better from a footy club like UTS.
    What was the incident? At this moment it reminds me of the time when a North Shore player landed on my leg after a marking contest and it broke as a result. Didn't blame him though. Pretty sure he didn't spend any more time than usual in front of the mirror either.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaccyJ View Post
    What was the incident? At this moment it reminds me of the time when a North Shore player landed on my leg after a marking contest and it broke as a result. Didn't blame him though. Pretty sure he didn't spend any more time than usual in front of the mirror either.
    The smallest bloke on the field had both his arms pinned from behind and was slung into the ground - mind you he had disposed of the ball about three or four seconds earlier and the contest had moved five metres away if not more. Sometimes accidents happen and especially at the lower level where blokes don't have the speed or awareness of the more talented players, but this was completely unnecessary. I'm sure he didn't mean to break his arm but it was a deliberate act intended to hurt a bloke probably 30kg lighter than him.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    The smallest bloke on the field had both his arms pinned from behind and was slung into the ground - mind you he had disposed of the ball about three or four seconds earlier and the contest had moved five metres away if not more. Sometimes accidents happen and especially at the lower level where blokes don't have the speed or awareness of the more talented players, but this was completely unnecessary. I'm sure he didn't mean to break his arm but it was a deliberate act intended to hurt a bloke probably 30kg lighter than him.
    I had not heard about this incident until I read about it on this forum. With all matters of this kind I think it's best to let the processes unfold and the relevant authorities to handle them. Online debate gets in the way of duel process.

    Student, can I emphasise how much I respect and admire the Sydney University AFL club. You are the benchmark of the whole Sydney AFL competition. You have had an incredible decade of getting promoted to Premier division, starting an U19 side and maintaining a high quality NEAFL side.

    I love watching the Bats play Sydney Uni and the contrast in styles. The Bats generally have the bigger bodies with a physical approach and Sydney Uni have the great runners who spread and switch the ball really well.

    The two games at Trumper brilliant. They were both close and the division one game was a cliffhanger that went down to the final play.

    The women loved nothing more than watching two physical teams tackling each other in front of the Trumper stand and barbicue.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO