8:30 UTS Bats v Sydney University Division Five
    10:30 UTS Bats v Sydney University Division Four

Blacktown ISP 2
    12:00 Western Magic v Southern Power Division Four
    14:00 Western Magic v Southern Power Division One

Sunday 17th April

Picken Oval
    14:00 Western Suburbs v Penrith Rams Division Two

The womens draws will be forwarded shortly and added to this schedule when I've got them.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 12th April 2016 at 08:36 PM.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Almost Football Legend
    Quite a boilover at Bruce Purser today. Was it a one off or is North Shore a club on the way up?

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Quite a boilover at Bruce Purser today. Was it a one off or is North Shore a club on the way up?
    Please someone give an update on this...... surely no one saw this coming.

Wonderful day at Trumper Park. UTS Bats ladies day and some absorbing football throughout the day.

Manly took out the Division 2 game at 8.30am by 20 points. UTS were happy with their endevour against a strong Manly side.

The 10.30am game featured the season opener for the UTS Shamrocks (women's side) who defeated UNSW East Sydney by a significant margin. It was brilliant to see the respect and admiration that the UTS female players and male players had for each other. It looks to be a highly successful merger which is evidenced by the fact that a number of Shamrocks sit on the joint committee of the Bats and Shamrocks.

The division one game between the Bats and Sydney Uni was a thriller. The lead changed many times with Sydney Uni taking the 4th quarter lead. The game came down to the last play with UTS having a late 50 metre shot that was touched on the goal line. If it had sailed through it would have been a draw. The siren sounded 5 seconds later.

The Premier Division game was a tough affair on the compact Trumper ground. Tackling was brilliant from both sides with the lead changing hands repeatably in the 3rd quarter. The Bats broke away in the 4th quarter and hung on for an important victory.

The victory delighted the large Bats crowd who were slightly distracted by the pumping music and delights around them.

A great day at Trumper!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    A great day at Trumper!
    From all reports it was an enjoyable day down at Trumper despite the result. Shame about the unpleasantness at Waverley earlier in the day. Your Divison 4 side has a number of blokes who need to take a good long hard look at themselves. The incident that resulted in a Uni player ending up with a badly fractured arm was an absolute disgrace and the bloke who concussed one of our on-ballers in the first couple of minutes of play with a cheap shot from behind should be ashamed of himself. Frankly I expected better from a footy club like UTS.

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    Your Divison 4 side has a number of blokes who need to take a good long hard look at themselves. The incident that resulted in a Uni player ending up with a badly fractured arm was an absolute disgrace and the bloke who concussed one of our on-ballers in the first couple of minutes of play with a cheap shot from behind should be ashamed of himself. Frankly I expected better from a footy club like UTS.
    What was the incident? At this moment it reminds me of the time when a North Shore player landed on my leg after a marking contest and it broke as a result. Didn't blame him though. Pretty sure he didn't spend any more time than usual in front of the mirror either.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaccyJ View Post
    What was the incident? At this moment it reminds me of the time when a North Shore player landed on my leg after a marking contest and it broke as a result. Didn't blame him though. Pretty sure he didn't spend any more time than usual in front of the mirror either.
    The smallest bloke on the field had both his arms pinned from behind and was slung into the ground - mind you he had disposed of the ball about three or four seconds earlier and the contest had moved five metres away if not more. Sometimes accidents happen and especially at the lower level where blokes don't have the speed or awareness of the more talented players, but this was completely unnecessary. I'm sure he didn't mean to break his arm but it was a deliberate act intended to hurt a bloke probably 30kg lighter than him.

The smallest bloke on the field had both his arms pinned from behind and was slung into the ground - mind you he had disposed of the ball about three or four seconds earlier and the contest had moved five metres away if not more. Sometimes accidents happen and especially at the lower level where blokes don't have the speed or awareness of the more talented players, but this was completely unnecessary. I'm sure he didn't mean to break his arm but it was a deliberate act intended to hurt a bloke probably 30kg lighter than him.
    That is being kind.

Seems to happen regularly in lower grades, especially when players whose heyday was 10 years and 25 kilos ago are playing against smaller quicker youngsters ... though their "awareness" and accuracy seems ok, just their speed to the contest and timing is out ... it's why a lot of clubs are loath to play their fringe u/19's in these grades ... a real shame, because most of these guys have a lot to offer in the onfield development of young and inexperienced players.

Does that mean that the little guys should expect that they will be protected a bit from the rough and tumble ?
    Should the big fellas have to go easy on the little in-and-under goal sneak type ?

It seems to me that you go on the field and you take your chances. But there are rules in the game that make it illegal to engage in unduly rough play.

Tough opening round for the Women's Premier Division Com. 3 games played with the winning teams scoring 359 points in total to their opponents 3 points.

Yep, a surprise result for East Coast, who had a wipeout day. Wiped almost all for a perfect round in the tipping comps (including NorthShoreAngel)I would imagine

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Tough opening round for the Women's Premier Division Com. 3 games played with the winning teams scoring 359 points in total to their opponents 33 points.

Yep, a surprise result for East Coast, who had a wipeout day. Wiped almost all for a perfect round in the tipping comps (including NorthShoreAngel)I would imagine
    Unable to edit the above post. Should read "to their opponents 33 points"

Well, this should result in some spin the likes of Warne and Turnbull would be proud of.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast