Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
I think it's extremely dissapointing that St George did not provide a boundary umpire for the 4th division clash against the Bats.

According to the match report I read there were games on before and after the 4th division clash at Olds park. Was it impossible for a player who was playing later in the day or who had played earlier not to help out on the boundary for a quarter or a half?

By not providing a boundary umpire on your home ground while other grades were playing shows that your 4th division team is a low priority at your club. It was a hot day and you as a club were happy to see lumbering old players in many cases have the added duty of throwing the ball in.

I'm sure players in your division one and premier division side were happy to hang up on that elevated hill, in their tight polo shirts, schmoozing the crowd while their division four mates suffered in the heat.

It comes down to "culture" and it was lacking at Olds Park for that 4th division clash. In a tight two goal game it could have made a difference to the result due to the extra energy needed to throw the ball in and the impact on set ups.
Shame you couldn't be there to offer a hand!

They have a couple u/19's games at Olds this week ... I'm sure they could learn a thing or two about "culture" from a blow in like you, might even be able to recruit a few young blokes if they see the light! You crack me up